• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5xxx series low power state and OC'ing-(HD5850)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrgoodkat

When using AMD GPU clock tool, or MSI AB to go beyond the threshold allowed in overdrive (775/1125), that also apparently turns off the lower power state, as overdrive doesn't recognize the new clocks, and no longer clocks down.

Is there a way to go past the overdrive threshold and keep the low power state active? I just want to go to 800/1150 and let the card clock down to 175/300 when not in a 3d app...

I have an asus 5850 and the thing works great and also has power states activated with over clocking. I run at 850/1200 when I game and it hasnt been any problem so far. Very limited testing though. I just keep it low becaue the fan tends to annoy me at higher overclocks.

I think if you flash to the ASUS bios you can use overdrive to clock up to and past 1GHz.

That seems to be my only option. But I have to believe that eventually one of these 3rd party softwares will support the LPS.

Back