• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAF 932 ? Cheap/Good ? or other suggestion.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boulard83

Hello WC folks. As you kmay know, im currently using an RC690 with Dagwood sandwich on the top. Its been a long time since i want to go bigger but i never decided too. IM just confused, there is so much case that tempt me....

I really love my RC690 and its doind the job fine but its too small. I want to go FUll tower. The HAF 932 seems to be a good and not too pricey solution.

frontS-m.jpg

side_sm.jpg

The reason why i think of this HAF 932 is mainly an idea i had for my 2x MCR220. I want to mount them on the side pannel.

Like this :
wc_side_sm.jpg

There is my idea.
Nextgen_build.JPG

The 2 rad gona pull air from outside, mounted in series with 90° bitspower.

I think ill change the top fan for 2 Scythe 1900rpm 120bolts/140fans i have.

I dont think ill have any issue fiting my rig inside this with my WC mounted on the side panel. I may also buy Dustfilter to put on the side door

I just spend nearly 1500$ in this build ( canadian ) and i dont really want to spend 300$ on a case but i want a Full tower.
I also buyed snowboard gear for me and my girlfriend so thats why i dont have lots of spare bucks ;)

The 932 looks nice and not too flashy since i donc like flashy things ...

I laso checked the Obsidian and the Cosmos S but the Obsidian is a bit pricey and the cosmos too.

directcanada shopping cart :

Cooler Master Haf 932 Full : $171.35

4x Bitspower BP-LRI G1/4 to 1/2IN Rotary 90 Degree Barb Fitting -SILVER SHINING : $8.88 $35.52

Sub Total: $243.21 (tx and shipping included )

Ill wait till i find the HAF cheaper somewhere. I already saw it for ~110$

But newegg.ca dont sell the 90° i want ! this mean 2 seperate shipping fees ..

Nothing is pushing me to buy NOW, but i want it soon. Watching for deal !

true enough

edit: It really is aggravating that newegg.ca doesn't have the same selection as the .com site. Newegg.com carries a full line of watercooling supplies.

Ill wait untill its a big deal.

But my earth alwais been for the Cosmos S ... i really like this case. Looks awesome !

I could buy a MCR320 for my CPU loop and stick it to the top.

Damn computer, its alwais making spend money !

I think ill go with my first ever loved case. The COSMOS S

With a 360 on top for my CPU loop. And if later on the road i add a GPU loop, ill Mod the botom to fit a 240.

COSMOSS1100.jpg

Might I suggest a slight rerouting of the tubing. I'm going to use the picture you posted as reference for direction.

Have the water from the res entering the left rad on the left barb. Have a tube from the right barb of the left radiator to the right barb of the right radiator. Then of course use the left barb as exit for your radiator series.

This gives you a little more space and you can use tube instead of the 90 bends, or a short tube bend radius. Should help with flow.

Might I suggest a slight rerouting of the tubing. I'm going to use the picture you posted as reference for direction.

Have the water from the res entering the left rad on the left barb. Have a tube from the right barb of the left radiator to the right barb of the right radiator. Then of course use the left barb as exit for your radiator series.

This gives you a little more space and you can use tube instead of the 90 bends, or a short tube bend radius. Should help with flow.

yes, good idea, and saving the 15$ of Bits 90s ;)

But i really think ill go with the Cosmos S. Really better looking case.

A 360 on top and a 240 on bottom is doable really EZ with light mod on the bottom. 5x120 for a CPU loop ;) i think ill be ok !

Juste ordered !

Bitspower G1/4 High Flow 1/2IN Barb Fittings for 1/2IN ID Tubing (Pair) : 3x$4.35 = $13.05
Coolermaster Cosmos S Black E-ATX Aluminum Case : $227.70
Feser One X-360 TFC Xchanger Triple 120MM Water Cooling Radiator G1/4 = $124.08
Mod Smart 120MM Anodized Aluminum Fan Filter - Black : 3x $4.06 = $12.18
Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT Black 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing (10 Feet) : $16.10

Total : 418.96 ( Canadian )

Juste ordered !

Bitspower G1/4 High Flow 1/2IN Barb Fittings for 1/2IN ID Tubing (Pair) : 3x$4.35 = $13.05
Coolermaster Cosmos S Black E-ATX Aluminum Case : $227.70
Feser One X-360 TFC Xchanger Triple 120MM Water Cooling Radiator G1/4 = $124.08
Mod Smart 120MM Anodized Aluminum Fan Filter - Black : 3x $4.06 = $12.18
Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT Black 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing (10 Feet) : $16.10

Total : 418.96 ( Canadian )

nice, i paid about 100 less then that and all i got was a tt amour +..... wish i would have stayed with my older case. the only reason i went to the amour was for the 10 pci slots for Air cooling. but i don't do that nasty stuff anymore :)

I think you'll be happier with the top-mounted rad in the S. Mounting the rads to the side panel is asking for a pain in the rear if you're anything close to as much of a tinkerer as I am.

My wife got me a dremel for Christmas. My RC690 may be in for a little nip/tuck to the top panel if I ever get enough time to use it. Thing is, I have three more ultra high speed panaflos on their way. I don't think any dremel can keep those push-pull internal. :eek:

Ill top mount the TFC 360. I think ill be able to Pull/shroud it.

Ill also mod the bottom to fit one of my MCR220. Ill have a 5x120mm CPU loop. Maybe adding the GPU later on the road but im not really considering this. Im swapping the GPU top often....

Thanks for the ideas

I've been trying to figure out where to install rads on my HAF case and that diagram made it clear, the only thing is that that's the side panel that opens so I would have to have extra tubing...or place the rads on the top of the case?:eh?:
good luck Boulard83

Up to me this is the best case i ever had! Lots of space and plenty of room to wire in the access panel! Ventilation is A1 in it, keep my rig down to +/- 29c all the time ;) Only bug was my Zallman Reservator! Had to pass the hoses in an expansion hole instead of the top port holes because of gravity, but i'm planning to replace the pump soon!
A pic is worth a 1000 words:

2i6yv6s.jpg

I just upgraded to x2 MCR220QP and placed on the door like you show you want to do... well, the rads dont fit on the door side by side since the rads are a touch wider than the 120mm fan mounts and pushed the other rad a little to far over to line up with the holes... so naturally the mounting holes on the side of the door will not allow for both of them side by side and you will have to elongate the mounting holes in the side of the case door with a dremel... or do what i did for now and move the second rad off the mounting holes and mount to the mesh of the door... if that is the route you go and dont mind that.

Back