• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would anyone like to write something for the front page?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
As your Folding Team Content Editor, I would like to extend an opportunity to each and every member of this team. We need more content on the front page. The more content we have, the more exposure we get, which will also mean more people joining our team. If you have any ideas for some kind of write up for the front page, I would like to see them. While I have been considering the sticky's, I would like to see the original authors getting the credit. This could be the thing that gives us that boost to pass MPC again, and I would like to see each and every one of you be a part of it. If anyone has an idea, you can post it up in this thread, or contact me directly via PM.

I can tell you what got me to look into folding in more detail was the Memorial Wall. Sometimes people forget the real and most important reason to fold, our loved ones! Reading those posts and reminding me of my lost loved ones to something without a cure really hits home. I started folding 30 minutes after spending nearly 2 hours reading that thread. I lost my father in law last summer to bone cancer and we were real close, he was like a father to me. I fold in his memory and the loved ones of my fellow teamates.

I started folding soon after reading the Wall as well. Didnt even get to the 3rd page before I was on stanfords page.

The wall really gives purpose to our folding. Its for something much greater than points or bragging rights. (EOC and HFM is like crack though :p)

Why sit around and wonder why science hasnt found cures for these horrible diseases when you can do something about it thats work almost completely by itself.

.ramble off

I do agree, the Memorial Wall would be excellent for the front page. It would have to be written just right, though. It would take more than a list of names to keep a readers interest, and keeping their interest is what will bring them to the forums, where they can interact with us all. The big thing is that we don't want to highlight the negative, but instead, how we recognize and remember those we have lost. If we can achieve this in an article, I would love to see it on the front page. Anyone is welcome to write something up, and I would love to see any submissions.

Looks good, h.:thup: Do you have a login for Wordpress yet? I would like to see you get proper credit for the article, which would mean that you would have to post it up in Wordpress, and then have the editors take care of the rest. IMOG can get you set up with the login, and then it is just a matter of reformatting for the front page. Let me know if you're interested.:beer:

I just wanted to mention, that I have word from IMOG, if anyone writes an article for another Content Editor, that stating the fact you are a folding team member with a link to the Folding Intro (I will post a link in a few) is also acceptable for the front page. Anything we can do to get exposure to the team will bring our numbers up, which will get our team moving back up in the ranks again.

Also, h, I may have some spare time in the next few days, so I may be able to format your guide for the front page, if you need it. I am also considering going through the install guides in the sticky's and possibly getting some of those posted on the front page. If anyone would like to help out, feel free to let me know.

Edit: Here is the link to the Folding Intro article: http://www.overclockers.com/introduction-foldinghome-team-32/

Last edited:
Looks good, h.:thup: Do you have a login for Wordpress yet? I would like to see you get proper credit for the article, which would mean that you would have to post it up in Wordpress, and then have the editors take care of the rest. IMOG can get you set up with the login, and then it is just a matter of reformatting for the front page. Let me know if you're interested.:beer:

PM me the details please sir. :)

Would anyone like to write something for the front page?

Back before T-giving I committed to doing a front page article, worked on it some, got writer's block...then decided to scrap it and pick something else to write up. I still would like to complete that task, just need to get a round tuit.

-Tim

PM me the details please sir. :)

PM sent. Thanks, h!:beer:

Back before T-giving I committed to doing a front page article, worked on it some, got writer's block...then decided to scrap it and pick something else to write up. I still would like to complete that task, just need to get a round tuit.

-Tim

The issue of the ever elusive round tuit. I know all about that. I will have a full WC loop in my quad rig as soon as I can get the tubing and one more fitting ordered. As soon as I can get a round tuit, so that I can work on pumping up the clocks to get a little more PPD.

The issue of the ever elusive round tuit. I know all about that. I will have a full WC loop in my quad rig as soon as I can get the tubing and one more fitting ordered. As soon as I can get a round tuit, so that I can work on pumping up the clocks to get a little more PPD.

Work+killer cold/flu+troublesome X58 board=plate full. :shrug:

Back