• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS ROCKS!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hey Zeus

Turns out my 3 day shipping from Newegg has become 2 days as my FTW is out for delivery. OH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

You must live near a warehouse :)

I live in NJ and ALWAYS choose UPS ground.. if I order early enough it is "next day delivery" for me :)

**waits for his next blog thread with a picture of the part (isnt 'egg shipping 2-3 days anyway?)**

:pics:

Regardless, SWEET!

Last edited:

I live in NJ and ALWAYS choose UPS ground.. if I order early enough it is "next day delivery" for me :)

I live in Pennsylvania and the current shipment is coming from California which is amazing. If they ship from Joisey i'll get it next day.

**waits for his next blog thread with a picture of the part (isnt 'egg shipping 2-3 days anyway?)**

:pics:

Ohh i will have MANY

Good for you, my 3 day select package was shipped on dec 28th ,so I was expecting it before new years.Instead ups makes up bs and says they made a delivery attempt and will reschedule.So 3 day shipping turns into 5. I am glad your happy,but I liked when newegg used just fedex much better.

I wish newegg would use the USPS. Priority mail would be AWESOME from the egg. When i lived in california i would always use Express mail from Frozencpu. It would run me like 25 dollars when Fedex and UPS wanted like 50-75 dollars for standard overnight.

Big +1. Newegg has greatly expanded their New Jersey warehouse recently. Ninety five percent of what I buy from Newegg comes from there. Once you understand their system and order early in the morning, it's usually "Next Day" standard delivery or late the following afternoon.

Big +1. Newegg has greatly expanded their New Jersey warehouse recently. Ninety five percent of what I buy from Newegg comes from there. Once you understand their system and order early in the morning, it's usually "Next Day" standard delivery or late the following afternoon.

They haven't expanded it enough. It still baffles me why they don't have the same exact items at both warehouses at both coasts. This would make shipping so much cheaper and easier. People on the east coast get shipped from new jersey, People on the west coast get shipped from california. People in the midwest just get ****ed. :bday:

They haven't expanded it enough. It still baffles me why they don't have the same exact items at both warehouses at both coasts. This would make shipping so much cheaper and easier. People on the east coast get shipped from new jersey, People on the west coast get shipped from california. People in the midwest just get ****ed. :bday:

Zeus,

That's why our real estate and auto insurance rates are the highest: The trade-off is we get items from Newegg faster. :chair:

Well, people already replied with the reasons.. simple Tranportation and logistics man. ;)

Also, I believe there is a warehouse in TN.

UPS is not impressing me in the UK. Should have delivered something to me on Thursday, it got as far as the city I'm in and then they decided the weather was too bad to move it. Same on Friday. Don't do weekend deliveries, not even Saturdays.

It has snowed here, but Royal Mail delivered things to me on both of those days.

98% of the things i get from UPS look like they have been ran over a few times. nice to see a good exp from them. i miss the days when the Egg used FedEx for their free shipping. Saturday deliveries FTW!!!

Their tracking system declared another day of rescheduled delivery and then they turned up anyway. At least it arrived in good condition I guess.

UPS is not impressing me in the UK. Should have delivered something to me on Thursday, it got as far as the city I'm in and then they decided the weather was too bad to move it. Same on Friday. Don't do weekend deliveries, not even Saturdays.

It has snowed here, but Royal Mail delivered things to me on both of those days.

Does Newegg offer DHL for European customers? DHL is bigger and more reliable than UPS or Fedex in Europe. Most of our European customers REFUSE to use anything but DHL.

Strangely, If I ship to my office it gets here very quickly. Sometimes, in 1 day. However, if I ship it home. it takes the full 3 days or longer...

Its 3 shipping days minus the day that you ordered your toy...

Newegg is about 2 days for me and I have to pay tax =( I hate California for newegg purposes.

If you're making a large purchase, find a friend or relative who doesn't live in taxed state, and have your stuff shipped there tax free. It could be cheaper to have large order shipped to your friend's address then reshipped to you than to pay tax and have them ship directly to you.

Not recommended as some states are trying to collect taxes cross states. I know Michigan wants me to pay tax on everything I buy out of state. If California is like that, and they find out you pulled what I described above, they might sent T-800's to your house to collect taxes.

Does Newegg offer DHL for European customers? DHL is bigger and more reliable than UPS or Fedex in Europe. Most of our European customers REFUSE to use anything but DHL.

Newegg don't do international shipping, I was just talking about UPS. But you're right, I much prefer DHL.

Back