• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 900 (showing off cable management) LOTS of picture:D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustDepends

I've spent some time on this cable management and i am very proud. LOL. This is kind of a tutorial on how to but not really more just hole placement if anything, also some neat tricks.

This is a picture of the overall cable management(not completely finished)
1230092107a.jpg

Main hole feeds all power supply cables(Pikachu has penthouse suite:D):
0107001702.jpg

Front panel wires hole:
0107001704.jpg

Front panel receiving end:
0107001703a.jpg

A little hard to see but front panel audio and fan also feeds through there:
0107001705.jpg

8 pin connector under mobo:
0107001704a.jpg

Hardrive wires and receiver for cathodes feed through drive bays:
0107001705a.jpg

Little trick for flash reader wire:
0107001703.jpg

May have noticed that PSU is upside down.... hole takes care of that:
0107001721a.jpg

The nest (tight fit but works):
0107001719c.jpg

Hole originally for DVD drive but now just for fan:
0107001718.jpg

Hole for Hardrive:
0107001718a.jpg

PSU behind:
0107001719b.jpg

Top fan:
0107001718b.jpg

8pin behind:
0107001719.jpg

Front audio and fan:
0107001719a.jpg

Cathode placement plus cable trick:
0107001657a.jpg

Sexy:
0107001656a.jpg

So as you may have noticed my holes look like crap. I had planned for this and that is why i hid all the holes that i could. I used a drill and a pair of metal snips... LOL! So leave some comments tell me what you think and if you have any questions just ask.

Lastly i plan on painting the inside of the case i was wondering what colour you guys would recommend.

Thnxs-Joe

looks great! whatd you use to make the holes cause they look kinda sharp, just dont want you to accidentally cut yourself. You could get some simple gaskets to cover them up so you dont get sliced.

But looking at it straight on its a very nice job! ( better than mine atm =x)

looks great! whatd you use to make the holes cause they look kinda sharp, just dont want you to accidentally cut yourself. You could get some simple gaskets to cover them up so you dont get sliced.

But looking at it straight on its a very nice job! ( better than mine atm =x)

Lol i used a drill and some metal cutters... kind of a crappy job and i already did cut myself!

whoa nice man.
Antec 900 pride! :santa:
i got one myself and recently drilled holes in mine as well.
might post up pics soon :thup:

did you use a dremel? the cuts would be a lot cleaner and you woudln't have the danger of cutting yourself. :chair:

looking good man

Looks great!:thup: Since all of the holes seem to be square or rectangular, electrical tape will make an excellent grommet. It would be a disaster if one of those sharp edges cut through one of your cables. It looks like you took a lot of time for planning, which is the best thing to do when it comes to cable management.

Looks great, I love that light you have in there. There's also sanding stones you can get to smooth out the edges and then put eletrical tape over. Looks better and any hardware store should have it for under 5 dollars.

Holy crap dude that has gotta be the cleanest 900 IVe ever seen. Very nicely done, now Im going to have to redo the wiring in all my rigs after seeing this XD

Looks great, I love that light you have in there. There's also sanding stones you can get to smooth out the edges and then put eletrical tape over. Looks better and any hardware store should have it for under 5 dollars.

Thanks love the light too:D And I'm planning on cleaning up the cuts soon. Going to be done when i prep the case for paint.

looks tops mate, but why didnt you use a small holesaw drill bit thingo to drill the holes? might have looked a bit neater

I just used whatever i had..... i'll clean them up in future, but for now you can't even see them so i'm fine.

looks good and clean:) i need to do something similar to my maelstrom case it has crappy cable management skills :D

Back