• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I break the Atom 330 Overclock World Record?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't see how it would not be? I set the FSB to 800 to match the RAM speeds, surprisingly to myself it booted up. I was able to run Windows 7 performance evaluation and it increased by .4. Then I took the CPUZ validation and checked temperatures which were around 52C. I then tried to see if it was prime stable and it crashed and rebooted shortly after running.

I bet it's the ION platform, you don't have to deal with the useless 945 chipset.

Congrats! How's it feel to be #1 in the world?

Haha.. lucky really. Would be nice if I could get it stable at that speed.

Can you change voltage? These chips put out so little heat (8W at stock, figure 10-11 for your overclock?) that a TEC is actually a viable option IMO. You could strap a 30-50W TEC (heck you could even go for a 100W TEC) on it and get it really cold and have fun with it for not a lot of money.

I'd be worried about breaking the solder points between the chip package and the mobo, though i suppose a reflow would probably fix it.

I was contemplating TECing an atom too.

Actually you could build a TEC cooled coldbox and just freeze the whole motherboard, really :D

allhail.gif

[FONT=verdana,arial][/FONT]

Hehehe, yea freezer may get you a little more if you can turn up the voltage.
I doube that thing would get hot enough to melt any solder in the board but being 45nm you will want to watch the core temps.

You would deffinitly have a better chance at somthing spectacular than I did here.
(abandoned after remembering the heatpipes on my cooler may be filled with liquid, and noticing how much MSI bios sucks)
002.jpg

Back