• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel HD graphics + eVGA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got an EVGA email yesterday showing this article:
http://www.evga.com/articles/00524/

Has anyone tested these as for how well the "HD graphics" perform running from the processor.

From the reviews I've seen the GPU core on the same package as the CPU has about the same performance as current-gen IGPs (HD 4200, GeForce 9400) as far as low CPU utilization when playing back 1080p Blu-ray. It has a little worse performance in 3D games, however, but I believe this is because of drivers. It has better performance in L4D2 compared to HD 4200.

I believe this along with HD 5000 series from AMD are the only GPUs that can bitstream Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD audio over HDMI.

Well I was looking for HTPC possibilities. Just wanted to see how many here have had a chance to play with them.

Anandtech has a review of the new CPUs and their graphics processors v.s. other integrated solutions on their CPU page.

Back