• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock in dell xps 720

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coco16

hello i just got a dell xps 720 i want to know if there is any chance to overclock this comp bc in the bios is not letting me do anything at all.

ty

hello i just got a dell xps 720 i want to know if there is any chance to overclock this comp bc in the bios is not letting me do anything at all.

ty

Then likely you don't have an extreme edition cpu.
The mulitplier is locked, which means, you can't OC thru the bios.
You can download Nvidia's Ntune to overclock.

I also have a 720...

Last edited:
Then likely you don't have an extreme edition cpu.
The mulitplier is locked, which means, you can't OC thru the bios.
You can download Nvidia's Ntune to overclock.

I also have a 720...

Actually, its because he bought a Dell and they lock their BIOS options to prevent you from having fun with your computer... :chair:
Not having an Extreme Edition CPU (Black Edition if you have AMD) means that the CPU's multiplier is locked.. that is all.

Coco, would you mind posting up the specs of the machine or making a signature with the specs in it so we can tell you what options you might have? If BIOS is locked, there's a small chance that you can find a modded BIOS that may unlock those options. If not.. you're going to have to use software to do it. (yuck) If you have an nVidia chipset board you can use a program called Ntune, if you have an AMD/ATI chipset, there's a chance you can use something like AOD (AMD OverDrive)

There is also Setfsb, and softfsb.
Haven't used setfsb, and I only used softfsb once, but you will need to know the make and model of the PLL? chip...anyway it is the clock generator chip that controls the bus and other functions.
I'm sure that someone here can tell you what chip you need the info for, and how to identify it.
Good Luck,
Doc

Back