• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

arctic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 AMD mount problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WayneTrew

Registered
Hi all

Mobo: GA-MA770-UD3 rev 2.0
CPU: Phenom ii x2 550 BE

finished my first build yesterday, but had a problem with the aftermarket cooler, after 2 hours, and thermal compound everywhere I gave up but had to swap for the stock HSF, bit gutted really as everything else went to plan :(

Wondering if anyone else had a similar problem before...

Basically when I lower the hsf down on top of the CPU, its pretty much impossible to fasten the screws into the latches, the gap is too far for them to reach, any had this problem before? I'm pretty sure the fan is meant to be compatible with AM2+ boards. Leaving it open to lack of knowledge on my behalf for now, but I'm almost fairly certain it can't be attached.. :\

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_43&mID=305

help appreciated

You just need a little downward pressure and the screws will reach the the latch, a little patience is all it takes ( just be careful not to slip with the screwdriver and hit the Motherboard)

It works, I just built this AM3 rig about a month ago, 550BE as well, I am using the AC Freezer 7 rev.2. While not quite as simple as the old AMD hook mounts, I thought it was a fairly EZ install. As Jolly said, You have to put a bit of pressure downwards, Get one screw barely started, Then start the other side.

some people have problems with the push pins, I did because I found my self removing the hsf often for numerous reasons so I just got a bolt thru kit after my push pins started to wear from excessive mounting and dismounting i prefer it to the push pins anyhow there pretty cheap on top of that

some people have problems with the push pins, I did because I found my self removing the hsf often for numerous reasons so I just got a bolt thru kit after my push pins started to wear from excessive mounting and dismounting i prefer it to the push pins anyhow there pretty cheap on top of that

I believe the push pins are for Intel mounting, AMD uses the metal brackets that clip on the two retainers and then you tighten with 2 screws.

Back