• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big Difference

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YoungstaxGx

Swiftech? Big Difference?

i am using this right now http://www.vantecusa.com/cck6035d.html and my temps on MBM4 are 43c idle 48C full load......if i change the heatsink to a Swiftech Copper MCXC370 OR MCXC462 (whichever is better and fit my same fan)will it drop my temps? about how much?...

btw is my fan a Delta Black label cause my fan has the same specs as it?

Last edited:
If i get Swiftech MCX462-B can i use my fan i have right now ? or should i get the 370 (will they both fit my XP?)

I've tested one of those Vantecs and while it offers good performance for the price, you will do much better with the MC-462. The best performance will come by using the fan that it was designed to use with it. Namely, the Delta FFB0812SHE, an 80mm fan with de-spiraling vanes in it. If you get an MC-462A, B, or the newer MCX-462, I assure you that you will be very happy with it's performance and probably be able to bump up your CPU speed a notch or two or three over your Vantec.

Hoot

if i get the 462 i will have to get a new fan too? my old fan won't fit on it?

Are the 370 (copper) any good, will it make a big significant drop in temps over my vantec,

(im new to cooling)

Get the Swiftec 462. It is rated at the top of air cooling. The fan is noisy but it is designed to work with the heatsink so buy the fan also. It is an expensive heatsink but it is worth it unless u go to water.
good luck

the thing is i only have about $50 and im going to the computer show tomarrow and i don't have enough for a new fan for the 462.....will the 370 perform better than my vantec?

I just went to a computer show in Columbus. Big waste of money, spend $20 and walk outta there within 30 mins empty handed. Get the 462 is it worth the money!!!

go to pricewatch or pricegrabber and let them search for the best prices on that Swiftech mc462. If you cant buy it now save you money and wait till you can get one. They are the best for air cooling.
Good things come to those who wait.
good luck and patience my boy.

Back