• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP EVGA GTX 295 ISSUE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TigerLilly

Registered
card works fine all the time when the computer is on, but I cant restart it anymore, whenever i do right before i get to the windows logon screen my monitor shows 2 tiny rows of wierd little pixels and will not load up the screen, this appears to be a video card issue... also this happens about 95% of the time, if i reboot the computer about 30+ times one of those times it will start up correctly, now i just go into sleep mode whenever i need a shut down so i wont have to deal with this problem but it prevents me from being able to do a fresh reboot because of the hassle of trying to get the system to start up again.. please help. thanks.

we need your system details really :)

maybe the motherboard needs a bios update.

what motherboard, PSU, operating system etc are you using?

Power Supply: 1200 Watt Thermaltake
Processor: Core i7 Processor 920
Processor Cooling ( Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling Fan System Kit )
Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe
Memory: 6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1600 Triple Memory Module Corsair
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295
Hard Drive: 500 GB HARD DRIVE Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache
(Solid State Disk Drive) 32 GB 2.5 inch SATA MLC Solid State Disk ) Running Win7 64bit

maybe not the psu then :)

have you updated the mboards bios?

also one or two people like myself have had trouble booting with some usb devices connected on asus boards... so it could be a wireless or external drive with it being asus :shrug:

other than that I would run drive sweeper and remove all the nvidia drivers then reinstal them and see if that alters things any.

could be something I7 and board realted but I have not been near one so no idea of thoes possabilities.

does the card make any loud whiney noises. when it hangs?

No the card doesn't make any loud noises, and i have tried starting it when it wasnt booting correctly without any usb devices attached and it still had problems.. its super frusterating because i could use a fresh reboot with all the rendering i do but i cant because if i do i basically have to section off a couple hours just to keep restarting the comp until it finally starts up correctly which does happen eventually... any other suggestions would be nice , im doing to do the motherboard update like u suggested too ... thanks

check the system memory voltage.
also out of curiosity try booting with the c2e and other energy features off, and see if it makes it or not.

maybe either a some driver issue on the system or a dislike with the hardware combination.

doesnt sound like the cards about to die.

Your card is dieing, you have to RMA it.

Mine did the exact same thing.

You can carry on like that, then you will start to notice physx errors and such, and soon enough, your card will not start anymore. I played that game for a month and a half on 3 different mobos. R.I.P.

Im hopeing to get a single pcb 295 this time around, but i doubt it :(

I want to meet the guy who hasnt had a 200 series card die #Laughs#

so your cards dead but its maybe not the choke failing then.... v poor :-/

WHat the f its dying? what do i do? I cant afford another one of these wtfwtf... does the manufacturer warranty this error? this is bull**** i just got this thing.. if they dont replace it then thats f'd up

Its warrantied...saying you registered I believe.

And bobby. I have a volt modded HIGHLY overclocked 200 series card that is still going strong.

I bought my GTX280 used on here, and added an aftermarket HS. The BIOS is modded extensively, and the card is OC'd per my sig. It's still running great!

Evga is good with warranties. Contact them for help.

I want to meet the guy who hasnt had a 200 series card die #Laughs#

so your cards dead but its maybe not the choke failing then.... v poor :-/

Ive had my GTX 295 for just about a year since they came out... Still kicking *** in games!! YARRR!!

Last edited:
k guys I'm getting a new card shipped out to me through EVGA .. thanks for your feedback I sincerely thank you all for being there in my time of need.. if theres anything you need... anything at all just know I'm here.. :D;)

Back