• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking my EVGA GTS250 1GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flamemc

So i'll start by saying im new to Overclockers.com, Now the reason im here is i want some help with overclocking my Gpu, im new to overclocking gpu's. Ive been overclocking Cpu's for a few years with good success. Now the card in question is my EVGA Gts 250 1gb. Ive tried to overclock with limited success, Any advice that you could give would be appreciated.

Specs

Cpu: Intel core 2 duo E5200 2.5Ghz Stock, overclocked to 3.5Ghz Temps 34c
Idle 49 - 55 Under load
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP31-DS3L V2.1
Mem: Corsair XMS2 CM2X2048-6400C5 4gb in total
Gpu: EVGA Gts 250 1Gb Core:756 Shader:1836 Mem Clock 2200 (Not overclocked) Idle temp 32-35c Under load 62-70c
Fans: 1 front intake 1outtake, 1 freezemaster pro cpu fan and heatsink, 1 side fan, Standard Gpu fan.
Case:Half decent gamer case. All fans also manualy changable.

The overclocking software is EVGA precision.

Basically i want to know how hot is too hot for the gpu and what i need to be watching out for, also im using OCCT fot my benchmarks, any recommendations welcome. And advice on what to do next.

Last edited:
Back