• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Window's 7 updates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

liftedcj7on44s

Does anyone know if there is a way that i can download and save the updates that my computer needs onto a flash drive? My wireless adapter does not have a driver through windows 7 until i get online to download updates. In order for me to do this i have to take my pc somewhere and connect through a cable and download and install updates to get my wireless adapter working. So I need a way to save the updates on a flash drive so i can install them myself. Any way?

Nope, there's no other way but to be online. With XP you were able to order the SP1/SP2/SP3 disk separately. Now it's not like that anymore. You need to be online because now it checks to see if your windows is legit.

wsus offline updater.

You do have to be connected to the internet, but it will download all the updates for you for whichever version of windows you want and store them for you in a folder wherever you want. You can even set it to make an .iso of the udpates that you can then use to auto-update your computer (or any other).

Saves me a lot of time at work. Have 2 disks. One for 32bit XP-7 and one for 64bit XP-7.

wsus offline updater.

You do have to be connected to the internet, but it will download all the updates for you for whichever version of windows you want and store them for you in a folder wherever you want. You can even set it to make an .iso of the udpates that you can then use to auto-update your computer (or any other).

Saves me a lot of time at work. Have 2 disks. One for 32bit XP-7 and one for 64bit XP-7.

Yep this is what i ended up figuring out. All I need is to save them to my flash drive that way i can update drivers after a fresh install. Had I known My palm centro would not work with 64 bit windows 7 i wouldn't be worried about it.

yup. Instead of using nLite (or the command line... which nlite is just faster and easier), you can use vLite (or the command line, but vLite is faster and easier)

sweet vlite...

anyways you can also get your driver the other way if you can't find it offered on windows

you go do device manager and find the vendor and device id then you google it.

(lots oem drivers can be found this way I think) or if you have no clue what you have then those ids will help. (unlabeled webcams, 56k modems)

sounds like i'm gonna be using this wsus, i need the exe files for slip streaming.

Back