• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dolby Surround

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baris_

Hello, I recently bought a (proportionate) logitech surround system and it is 5.1

I also watch 720p and 1080p movies. I am not able to use all of the speakers. I don't think its the sound drivers. Bear in mind that I dont have the X-Fi Xtreme Gamer 7.1 yet. I ordered it and it is on the way.

I think the problem lies in the program I use to watch films? Is there any way of watching 1080p movies and using surround sound?

baris_ , re-read our rules, which you agreed to when joining this forum. We do not even mention anything about illegal downloads you may or may not have in your possession. These boards are based in the USA, which fall under the DMCA laws and could shut these boards down if we allow such discussions. - muddocktor, Forum Moderator

Last edited:
That does not support 5.1

I know you can opt for it in the options. But there is no real sound coming from my 3rd, 4th or 5th speaker.

Works great for me. I have used vlc on my setup when it was 4.1, 5.1 and 7.1

Download MPC Video Decoder, Download the zip file to a safe location.
Create the following folder under your Program Files: C:\Program Files\MPCVideoDecoder.
From the zip file you downloaded extract MPCVideoDec.ax to C:\Program Files\MPCVideoDecoder.
From the Start menu select Run and type in the following command: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\MPCVideoDecoder\MPCVideoDec.ax". You should get a pop-up message telling you the filter/file was registered successfully. That means the decoder is installed and registered on your system.

The open MPC right click on the screen and select options. Once in there go to external filters. Click add then add MPC - Video decoder.

To use Mediainfo after you install it right click on the movie and select mediainfo.

And you got perfect sound coming from the other speakers? What kind of files did you use?

Many different kinds. I download a lot of my movies. .mkv, .vob, ac3, mpeg, dvd. I don't have a blue ray player so I have to download all my blue ray rips. Mostly .mkv.

Back