• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Venomous X and 38mm Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheThrasson

Registered
The clips that come with it are for 25mm fans. I'd rather not modify/getto rig it up if I can help it. If anyone who owns this cooler can help with this issue, it would be appreciated. Would clips from a TRUE work? I'm sure I could rig something up if necessary, but I'd rather not. Thanks.

Fishing Line should do the trick or zip ties, either or will work and doesn't look to horrid.

I'm pretty sure the clips from a TRUE are for 120x25mm fans as well. You might be able to search around the internet for something, but the VX is pretty new so I doubt there will be much selection. "Ghetto" rigging may be the best option for now.

I'm pretty sure the clips from a TRUE are for 120x25mm fans as well.
They don't clip to the outside of the fan; so they would work on one that is 1ft thick as long as the hole isn't covered.

TheThrasson, would zipties work? I use that on my TRUE to hold the fans on. Works great and you don't have to deal with those annoying clips.

I'm pretty sure the clips from a TRUE are for 120x25mm fans as well. You might be able to search around the internet for something, but the VX is pretty new so I doubt there will be much selection. "Ghetto" rigging may be the best option for now.

I'll try to take some measurements. There are clips for larger fans from other coolers that I could make work. I'll update when I order a few clips and try them out. Yes, me no spelll good. Thanks.

You might look around. Prolimatech sells 38mm clips for the Megahalems. The TR people may sell 38mm clips for their coolers as well.

You might look around. Prolimatech sells 38mm clips for the Megahalems. The TR people may sell 38mm clips for their coolers as well.
One size fits all for the TRUE, like I said above...

One size fits all for the TRUE, like I said above...
The venomous x clips clip onto the screw holes on the inside of the fan closest to the heatsink. They can fit any size fan, so long as the screw holes are uncovered.

The venomous x clips clip onto the screw holes on the inside of the fan closest to the heatsink. They can fit any size fan, so long as the screw holes are uncovered.
They match the TRUE clips in design and therefore should work with any fan the OP wants. :)

I can confirm that they work on both 25 and 38 mm thick fans and if you want to mount a couple of Delta GFB fans on it they would work for those 76 mm thick monsters also. But they will not work on closed corner fans. They grab the holes nearest the heatsink, not the outer holes like a Megahalems does.

I have a Venomous X, Megahalems and 2 TRUE heatsinks, BTW.

. . . they will not work on closed corner fans. They grab the holes nearest the heatsink, not the outer holes like a Megahalems does.

I did a guide showing how to get rid of closed corners, at least for San Ace fans.

The method should work for most plastic bodied fans and allow you to use practically any 120mm fan with the VX.

Back