• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best solution for a t-bird...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bdmosky

I have a question that I can't seem to find answered anywhere. I'd like to know which chipset gives the best performance for the good old t-bird. I'm considering upgrading my motherboard, which is currently an Asus A7V, because its limiting my 1.4GHz (133 FSB) to 1.2GHz (has to run at 100 FSB). I've seen lots of reviews between the two chipsets on several motherboards, and the KT266 seems to come out on top over the nForce in most benchmarks, but all of these reviews are using palominos to compare. The prefetch on the palomino core I think might diminish the benefit of the prefetch on the nForce chipset, so I was wondering if a t-bird would gain better performance from an nForce with prefetch, than a KT266 based board without. So, if anyone knows of a review or comparison somewhere between these two chipsets and using a t-bird Athlon, I'd be very grateful.
Thanks.

Very interesting question........I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and looking around a bit. Ya got me curious and a bit intigued :eh?:

Back