• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New sub wooo!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freeagent

Well, I am at work right now, but left the office to go pick up a new sub!

Its a Monitor Audio FB-210. Got a sweet deal on her, cant wait to get home!

I have an old definitive tech pf15-tl that I have loaned to my computer shop. pretty nice old sub for its time. gets pretty deep and not real bloated sounding. just have a little ol KEF here at the house

I was actually looking at takeing some KEF's home today, but just decided to go with the sub for now. My poor Mission 733's will have no chance now :D

I think the set that I have is the blah blah 5000 something 5 sats with sub. doesnt get real loud but sounds good. and was priced right, got it at circuit city for 289 for a 2200 setup

Sweet man! Cant go wrong with that! :beer:

I was into stereos before computers, now I have this sub, I need new speakers lol :D

I love audio stuff too, car and home. have the alpine dvd unit in my car with the imprint kit and have the re xxx component set for the front and a pair of re se 12's in the trunk on kenwood x1r and x4r amps and love it. I had built my own home mains and surrounds a few years back but when I moved, I didnt really have room to move them so gave them to a friend. had 900 american in the fronts and rears just in parts and loved them. My friend said I can come and get them whenever I want.

Thats sweet man! I contemplated building my own at one point too, but my schedule, laziness, and then computers got in the way heheh. But Im getting the bug back, and seeing some new hardware has got my attention :thup:

Edit:

Wow, its fast.. I dont think its been fully run in yet either heheh.

Edit again, definately not brokein in heheh. my bad :D

Last edited:
Thats sweet man! I contemplated building my own at one point too, but my schedule, laziness, and then computers got in the way heheh. But Im getting the bug back, and seeing some new hardware has got my attention :thup:
Oh yeah, nothing like a good sub to put a smile on your face.

Hard to beat the value of building your own sub too. I built a box for an Infinity Kappa Perfect 12 and paired it with a 750 watt pro amp. It feels like it will bring the house down when its cranked up.

After letting it run in overnight, I have to say Im pretty impressed with it! It totally outclasses my speakers and amp heheh. I was useing a kicker 10" comp in a tiny sealed box, powerd by 60w of kenwood power. The sub amp come from an old kenwood "home theater" kit. This thing makes the cupboards rattle, and it actually sounds reallllly good with both music and movies! The sub itself is pretty old tho, 2003 I believe.. It retailed for 1800 here at the time, but it wasnt fully run in yet, and looked flawless :)

OK!

A bit of an update.. My sisters boyfriends dad hooked me up with his old celler dwellers :thup: They are Mirage M490is :) My sub totally outclassed my old Missions, and now the Mirage's totaly outclass my amp.. Im not too sure if I want a home theater setup, or if I want to stick with 2 channel. My friend has a 140 wpc Onkyo 7.1 amp, with networking, and all that stuff. But I dont like how it sounds with music, its pretty good with movies tho.. But I love music so.. Ugh decisions decisions...

Yes I got a new lamp too ;)

Pix!

Thanks, yes they are! Unfortunately they dont sound as good on my h/k as they did on his classe (sp?) :D

The cabinet on the sub is actually fairly decent, tho it does resonate a touch at higher volumes. My alarm clock will move around a bit, but it doesnt rattle :)

Edit:

Stuff upstairs rattles tho :D

Back