• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1.2 ghz Duron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Carmine_Paterno

hey there guys, i have once again resurected my amd system, but this time with a brand new 1.2ghz duron processor. I also got my hands on a 30gb Ibm deskstar 7200rpm hd.

So far with the chip im running it @ 1333 (8 X 166) with no problems default voltage (1.75v). I idle @ 34C and load @ 38C. Im running a ThermalTake 6cu+ heatsink with a 120mm sucking out of it and a 80mm blowing into it. very COOL.

However, @ 1400 (8.5 X 164) it needs like 2v to boot into windows, and it will freeze in sisoft sandra burn in....not 3d games tho. Since the chip is about a week and a half old, should i wait a little bit and proceed later?

THANX

you can let it settle first, and try again... but with all chips, they have a limit, and you might have reached you'rs.

good OC btw. :)

U could use a burn-in program to burn-in ur CPU
U could use the sisoft sandra/prime95, but also and much better choice would be Folding@home... :p
here

Hey he also needs a VIO mod for his board. Anyone know how to do taht on his board? I can find it for the A7M266 are they close?

Back