• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair HX750 or Seasonic X-750 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bing

Low Profile Senior
Title should be self explanatory.

Yes, I've read tons of reviews for both of them out there, must buy the psu tomorrow or at least the day after it.

Price wise at local here the difference is just about 10 to 15 bucks more expensive on X-750's side. No biggie for me.

Dunno why, just have this sudden storm of hesitation and confusion in my head. :screwy:

Should I toss the coin ?

X-750. Hands down. Look at the jonnyguru review.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=169

Avert your eyes! The above shots are too awesome for human eyesight to tolerate! Yes, folks, this here Seasonic platform has decided to out-awesome just about everything I've tested to date. With ripple and noise under 20mV on all main rails from tests two to five, this unit joins the very best of the best for ripple and noise suppression.

Title should be self explanatory.

Yes, I've read tons of reviews for both of them out there, must buy the psu tomorrow or at least the day after it.

Price wise at local here the difference is just about 10 to 15 bucks more expensive on X-750's side. No biggie for me.

Dunno why, just have this sudden storm of hesitation and confusion in my head. :screwy:

Should I toss the coin ?

Not much to think about Bing. Cost is always dynamic depending on who has it on sale so OW's evaluation here must be flexible. The same with esthethics which is a personal preference. I'd like a pink one OW! :D

Otherwise the first two ratings with OW's test / write-up explanations are what I look for so it's near a 10 rating across the board pending sale prices. I don't see why the X-750 would rate any differently.

Thanks folks for the feedback, decision made, X-750 it is.

Yeah, I am sure you won't regret the X-750, bing. The HX750 is also a good psu, but the X-750 looks to be some real awesomesauce according to the reviews I've read on it. And with only a $10-15 price difference, it's a no-brainer to me. Hell the fan in it probably won't even kick on until you are doing some real work with it.

Thanks guys, its here !!!! :D

34tcxf9.jpg

35ixi6v.jpg

See that label, it really works, fan stopped spinning when the rig was on light load ! :thup:

347cv8i.jpg

One the best PSU I have ever own.

Thanks guys, its here !!!! :D

34tcxf9.jpg

35ixi6v.jpg

See that label, it really works, fan stopped spinning when the rig was on light load ! :thup:

347cv8i.jpg

One the best PSU I have ever own.

Bing,

That's a nice looking bag it came in. Can you post a photo or two of it? It looks like denim?

Bing,

That's a nice looking bag it came in. Can you post a photo or two of it? It looks like denim?

At that shot it looks like denim, but its not, I think the fabric is similiar to those backpacker bag, sort of plastic fabric. Btw, that is the pouch for the cables.

There you go, for your viewing pleasure. :D

Came folded like this in the box.
11uubkh.jpg

Unfolded.
2rxy4ip.jpg

The back, bling..bling... :D
5ed3mh.jpg

That bottom one is the velvet pouch for the psu.

@burebista,

Thanks ! :D

@ChaosInMind

Wow, that is dirt cheap there ! :thup:

you have like the god of all psu's...... every review ive ever read about it basically says the thing is amazing wish i could afford one =(

Hmmmm, I'm kind of jealous, though my current HX520 is still doing fine..... Hurry up and die damn you! I need an excuse for a new PSU!

Back