• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

proper burnin method ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

macsout

Registered
what is the perfered method for a new chip if i plan on o/c ing it till it screams..........

1 -- Highest voltage you feel safe running
2 -- slowest clock speed (66mhz bus if possible)
3 -- lots of cool air

How long depends on how long you're willing to have your machine crawl, but I found no benefit form anything less than 24hours.

Cooler666 said:
can't you increase the FSB too?

Increasing the FSB would give a higer clock speed. :) There's a theory going around that if you run the processor at the lowest possible speed with the highest possible voltage as cold as possible for a week or two, you will gain a higher overclock in the end.

It's worked for some. I haven't tried it yet. Thinking about it with the celly-t.

You guys gotta be more hopeful :D

I'm not running my Tualatin at 1.2GHz@600MHz for nothing!

ha ha! I've got ya beat, Bonka!!

I've got a Black Box KVM Extender that allows the the CPU to be run from a location up to 1000 feet away from the where the monitor, keyboard and mouse are...

I've got the CPU in the garage where it's a balmy ~44°C!

I'm running my celmine 1Ghz @ 667 66fsb and 1.85v. To keep temps low I put on my 7000rpm screamer, and the worst part is, when ran at 667 my sound card bugs out so I can't play mp3s! So I'm stuck next to a jet engine sounding computer.

Back