• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P55 board comparison

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
anyone?
EDIT: remove the EVGA board from the option...it doesnt have an IDE connection, which is what both of my DVD drives are...

Last edited:
This is a forum, not an instant message client bro... hehe! :)

I believe the Giga UD3 and Asus P7P55D have had front page article reviews. I would check those out for an opinion and overclocking results. I also believe you need to be more specific on the evga board of choice.

http://www.overclockers.com/gigabyte-p55a-series-motherboards-overclocking-ud3r-ud6/

What are you using the board for? Moderate overclocks? The most you can get with air/water? Extreme cooled overclocking?

most i can get with air...and the evga board is out now....and there is only one board called the evga sli on the p55 platform....cant get much more specific without giving the part number...the way evga labels their boards is kinda weird....they have the classified, FTW, FTW200, LE, SLI, and micro.

and sorry, im trying to get the order out asap so it will ship tonight

There are a couple with SLI in it... my bad. ;)

Most on air... any should do really... But this is NOT my field I know the most about... Though after reading MIA's article on the UD3, sounds like a good board.

Why would you still have EIDE Interface for your Optical Drives...... sooooo slow.

Anyways. I am using the Gigabyte P55M-UD4. I like it, but I do miss my good ol' Asus P5Q as far as overclocking goes. I guess I was just familiar with the bios, so switching over made Overclocking a chore.

The P55M-UD4 supports both SLI and Xfire, but is the mATX version. The P55-UD6 is the full sized version. I picked up the i5 750/Mobo combo from a fellow overclocker for 250 dollars, so I can't complain.

brutal, ive had these 2 dvd dl burners for a few years now, no reason to replace em when i VERY rarely use them anyways

also, i went ahead and ordered the UD3R..should get here tomorrow :)

And IDE is more than fast enough for optical drives :).

Heck, I think UDMA-6 can do 133mb/s or something. How fast is your harddrive?

Just because there's something bigger/newer/better doesn't mean we have to switch. Except if you are hardware manufacturers.

Back