• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finding another 65nm 260 c.216

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seaborn

Its that time or year again. Last year I went to a P45 based system on a solid Wolfdale. One of the big 'back and forth" web topics of that time was about the Geforce 260 cards. There was the 65nm C.216 then a 55nm was released with very soon after the 65.

I chose to go 65nm because I can adjust the power settings etc for it. The 55nm apparently "according to eVGA even" could not use the software modifications.

So a year later I am sitting here trying to figure on what I am building. I want to go 1366 i7 and then get another GPU to SLI with. Other than ebay, I cannot find the 65nm cards for sale anywhere.

SO....lol

can I SLI with a 65nm card 260 c.216 with a 55nm one?

As a side note, the pricing of hardware has become very interesting. Its almost as if they are keeping the price high on the older stuff they kicked out of the van about 15 miles back just so you will pick up their new tech line.

You can SLI a 65nm and 55nm perfectly fine together, just as with any SLI\Xfire config, both cards will run at the same speed of the slower one. As far as getting a 65nm one, I'd say the classies here, or create an account on EVGA's forum, spam your way to 50 posts to get access, and check there. I use to check there, I'd see quite a few cards moving through there.

I didnt know that you could SLI the two different versions of the 260? I heard the BIOS has to match or something.
Stick with the 65nm though, the cooler sucks on 55nm version and the shader clocks are real twitchy.

I picked up a couple 65nm 260s for as low as 120 shipped and as high as 150 shipped. Shop the classies, wait for a deal. The price on new GTX200 series cards has RISEN in the last 6 months or so.

Yea the 55nm cards were a step down even though they were supposed to better, hence needing a 65nm but also need the c216 version,

Back