• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EPOX EP-8KHA+ and what RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

idgamerd

Ok I'm building a new computer (my 1st time) and what ram should I buy for my mother board? EPOX EP-8KHA+ I can see are diffrent DDR kinds so which one do I buy? Will any DDR ram (i mean by componies) I have a dell system and I buy ram from pricewatch and it didnt work and then I buy from cruisial and it worked? Any idea?

Unless you planning to overclock your memory to crazy FSBs then you will be best with Crucial PC-2100 Cas 5.5 unregisted non ECC DDR.

Ive had three sticks of this memory and all of them have run at at least 166fsb cas2 fastest timings.
Its very good value for very high performance.

I personally use Kingmax PC2100 CAS 2 on a 8kha+ which runs stabily with a FSB now well over 160 mhz using default voltages, I do not think that there is much personally between the Kingmax and the Crucial PC2100 in most situations except to say that the Crucial appears to cope with voltage increases better than the Kingmax which does not really need them or work well with them.

I would however consider buying PC2400 or PC2700 if I was in your situation now

UnseenMenace said:

im looking for the same thing so im wondering, would it be that much better and worth the extra money to get the pc2400 opposed to the pc2700?

thanks

UnseenMenace said:

Hi,

Being a newbee, please excuse the ignorance but, I thought you could only use PC2100 in the EP-8KHA. This according to Epox specs on their website.

If not please fill me in why I could use PC2400 or PC2700 on this board. BTW, I am also interested in getting this board.

Thanks,
TommyT

Back