• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel summer 2010

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devsain

Anyone know what line of intel processors will be out then and what they will feature. I've heard of the 6 core, but i don't know if that will be before summer 2010 or during.

Wiki had a section on the i9 and a few days later they removed it it was supposed to be 6 core 32nm I have no clue where it was true or not but it also said summer of 2010

Doubt it. The extreme core2quads stayed insanely expensive even after the i7 extreme.

I've seen rumors that suggest that the 970 is a quad 32nm too.

Personally, I think the quad makes more since because all rumors talk about the same price point of $500-600. I think the quad 32nm 1366 Xeons are starting at no less than that for the very low end ones. Higher quads are getting over $1k. While I know they run more then their non xeon counterparts, with the rumored 970 being a over 3Ghz part, I just have a hard time seeing that much discrepancy between the two as the over 3Ghz quad 32nm Xeons are suppose to be over the century mark in price.

As always, only time will tell with these kinds of things.

Back