• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Cooler, GTX 285

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norcalsteve

I just ordered an after market cooler for one of my GTX's. I fold constantly on them both, and my top card gets hotter than the bottom... anywho; i ordered this cooler and it said it was compatible for my GTX285 (listed at bottom of the page) but NONE of the heat sinks fit anything on my card... ram, caps, so on... Now the cooler it self for the GPU will fit nicely and lines up with the holes... but its the rest of the boards heat sinks that are the problem... any recommendations for GTX285 heat sinks? they need to be low enough to fit under the GPU cooler too...

:bang head

Heh, I ran into the same problem when I ordered the HR03-GTX for my 285.. It came with the sinks for a 280, I had to order the sink set for the 285 seperately.

The problem is that there has been two different reference designs for GTX 285. Many people have encountered this issue when buying full coverage waterblocks. Most companies that makes full coverage waterblocks know this and have models for both cards, and it would be up to the buyer to make sure they got the right one. As an example, look at the two Danger Den blocks for the GTX 285. There's the normal one and the V2 (version 2) block.

You might want to contact Arctic Cooling to see if they make a version that fits your card.

Back