• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What temp. i should be looking at?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iwan

Hello,i have a question.What temperature i should look at when stressing the cpu?The cpu temp. or the cores temp.I think that my sensors for the core temp. aren't correct.Before they were ok(i think),but after oc-ing i think that they broke.On the intel page it says that E2220 Tcase is 73.3C.Is that the core temp. or the cpu temp?How high can my cores go?Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello,i have a question.What temperature i should look at when stressing the cpu?The cpu temp. or the cores temp.I think that my sensors for the core temp. aren't correct.Before they were ok(i think),but after oc-ing i think that they broken.On the intel page it says that E2220 Tcase is 73.3C.Is that the core temp. or the cpu temp?How high can my cores go?Thanks.

Both the CPU and the cores, you should try to keep them under 75C. Never go over 80C, that is a dangerous zone. You've got fairly high temperatures. How is the airflow in your case, and do you use stock cooling?

Both the CPU and the cores, you should try to keep them under 75C. Never go over 80C, that is a dangerous zone. You've got fairly high temperatures. How is the airflow in your case, and do you use stock cooling?

No,that aren't my temperatures.That says on intel page.I want to know how to keep my core temps under control if my sensors are broken.And this:"Never go over 80C, that is a dangerous zone"-is that for cores or the cpu?

I have oc-ed it a little.I got it running @ 3.8ghz under megahalems in a warm room.I think it's a pretty good result.Didn't test for stability,just super pi and got about 17.4 sec.Here is a picture of it running @ 3.8ghz:

Last edited:
Back