• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanna see your GPU's belly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustDepends

One thing that has always plagued me is about video cards is that they make the side you can't see look so beautiful. I was so dissapointed when i figured out the pretty side is the bottom. :confused:

Anywho, i was thinking that if someone had some leftover expansion slots would it look good to angle a mirror over you unoccupied pci slot or w.e so that you can see the bottom of you GPU. I think it would look good and what i am saying is a stroke of genius. But it might be cause i'm tired. So let me know what you think and even just do like a test run and upload some picks. Maybe mount some LEDs under that mirror... would look pimpin.

P.S I'd do it but my wireless adapter covers my card :( And my boards micro-atx, dun think it will look the same.

The top of the card is what the cooler is attached too...it's merely the motherboard form factor that has everything flipped over.

Yeah, the way it's set up doesn't make sense. The cooler should be blowing up anyways, it'll dissipate heat better.

Yeah, the way it's set up doesn't make sense. The cooler should be blowing up anyways, it'll dissipate heat better.

No, because that's not the way VGA coolers are designed to work. The fan is the intake. Exhaust is the bracket at the rear of the slot.

The reason why most video cards are upside down is because heat rises. if the fan was facing upwards, it would be sucking in hot air from the rising heat above the GPU along with direct exhaust from the northbridge and CPU. when you suck air from under the card, you're more likely to get cooler air and it's away from other components, which means a cooler heatsink, and a cooler GPU.

I'd care more about seeing what the GPU can do on the screen than looking at it in a case.

Last edited:
Then flip your mobo tray upside down...I can do that in my case :D

I really don't see how that's possible unless your mobo was capable of being installed on the left side of your case and the inputs on the mobo would have problems fitting through the back of the case.

Back