• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyway to make Dirt 2 not need the disk but still have online?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killem2

After my fiasco with my hd 5850 and not getting a downloadable coupon for dirt 2, I complained and got a real copy of it problem is, it uses the disk which I hate doing. I know I could crack it but I want to play online too.

What can I do if anything?

Can't discuss about cracking of games.

Just keep the DVD in the drive.

What about this part?

Adding non-Steam games to the My Games list
Question

How do I add non-Steam games to Steam's My games list?
Answer
Important:

This will simply add a shortcut to your game. This will not allow you to download updates for your game through Steam nor allow you to use this game as proof of ownership for your Steam account. Only games purchased or registered through Steam can receive automatic updates and function as proof of ownership for a Steam account.
Adding a shortcut to a non-Steam game

1. Launch Steam.
2. Go to Games > Add a non-Steam game to My games list....
3. Browse to the directory holding the game you wish to add to My games.
4. Select the executable for your game and select Open

What about this part?

Adding non-Steam games to the My Games list
Question

How do I add non-Steam games to Steam's My games list?
Answer
Important:

This will simply add a shortcut to your game. This will not allow you to download updates for your game through Steam nor allow you to use this game as proof of ownership for your Steam account. Only games purchased or registered through Steam can receive automatic updates and function as proof of ownership for a Steam account.
Adding a shortcut to a non-Steam game

1. Launch Steam.
2. Go to Games > Add a non-Steam game to My games list....
3. Browse to the directory holding the game you wish to add to My games.
4. Select the executable for your game and select Open

And exactly how is that going to help anything? Adding a shortcut in the Steam menu won't add the game to your Steam account, nor will it remove the need for the disc.

What is the activation policy for the game? If you can "deactivate" it so the key can be re-used, I'd try to sell the physical copy on eBay or something, and then buy a new copy from Steam.

i did that for gta iv - i sold my hard copy on ebay and purchased it on steam for less :)
i HATE putting in cd's

And exactly how is that going to help anything?

I dunno probably why I started my reply with:

What about this part?

its ok though, Someone has already PM'd me with what I need to do. The only reason I even have a physical copy is because newegg/xfx dropped the ball and this is how they had to fix the issue.

After my fiasco with my hd 5850 and not getting a downloadable coupon for dirt 2, I complained and got a real copy of it problem is, it uses the disk which I hate doing. I know I could crack it but I want to play online too.

What can I do if anything?

You can NOT speak of Cracks / Warez or anything implying such actions around this Forum.

Understand?

WarriorII

Back