• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing my Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 with new cooler! :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

computergeek

Just got a brand new! Antec freezer 7 pro rev 2 from my dad as on my old stock Intel, the plastic feet on it got knackerd. i also used arctic silver ceramique and after a couple of hours after installation of the new cooler the CPU idles at 21 to 22 degrees then to 22 to 23 when doing another process and about 25 to 26 when watching a vid on youtube and when under a small load.

And when on medium load 28 to 29 degrees :)

!Update!
Thanks for the comments nearly forgot here are my specs :D
PSU-Antec 370 watt, OS-XP, Motherboard-MSI P35 NEO2, DDR2 PC2-6400(400Mhz),Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180,Nvidia 8800 GTS, Hardrive(sata)-Samsung HD501LH 500GB, PC Case-Antec.

I am now running a 3Gz CPU :D
Its funny because i tried these clockings before with my old Intel stock heat sinc
and idle temps were at 60-61, thats way to hot!

!Update!
Clockings now at
CPU FSB Frequency-300,
CPU Ratio-10,
CPU Frequency @3.00Ghz,
increased the vcore to 1.4000v and the memory volts to 2.00
FSB-1:1:5,
NB-1.4
SB-1.2
CPU idles at 29 degrees, 28 to 29 degrees if windows is only using visual styles on windows and buttons.

but should improve as i only installed the new cooler yesterday.
But god damn this cooler is good :D

No way would i of been able to do this with the normal Intel stock heat sinc.
100% stable when i did a small FFT's test using prime 95, cooling down was very quick :D

!Update!
Just did a blend test with prime 95 and once again it was 100%! stable! :D
And again cooling was very quick! :D
Is there anything better then prime 95?
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
my now retired e2180 did 3Ghz no sweat, didn't even need a vcore increase, but after 3.1Ghz, I really needed to up the vcore. I think I dropped my multi to 9x or something to get a higher FSB.

Just got a brand new! Antec freezer 7 pro rev 2 from my dad as on my old stock Intel, the plastic feet on it got knackerd. i also used arctic silver ceramique and after a couple of hours after installation of the new cooler the CPU idles at 21 to 22 degrees then to 22 to 23 when doing another process and about 25 to 26 when watching a vid on youtube and when under a small load.

And when on medium load 28 to 29 degrees :)

Please note as with the new cooler installs i have it running at stock speeds.

So i am still hoping to crack 3 GHZ :) hopefully my new cooler is up to the job, please post any more suggestions as now my setup has slightly changed :D

Thanks in advance! :)

My results from when using my old stock Intel heat sinc

nmzzw1.jpg
The clockings were at:
CPU FSB Frequency-262,
CPU Ratio-10,
PCI-E X4 Speed Controller-2X,
CPU Frequency @2.62Ghz,
Dram Frequency-786Mhz
increased the vcore to 1.3500v and the memory volts to 2.00
3D MARK 06 SCORE 10053

My E2180 easily does 2.6 at 1.325, which is the VID, thus still at stock Vcore.

I only needed more when I went to 2.8 and 2.9.

At 2.8 and 2.9, it's likely Linpack will fail with BSOD, STOP: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. When that occurs, increase the Vcore and run Linpack again.

I had a chance to play with a E2160 a while back. It ran 3.2GHz (9x356MHz) great with only 1.400 vcore. It took 1.475v to get 3.3Ghz though, and that was the max I took it. That was a fun CPU. :)

Thanks for the comments nearly forgot here are my specs :D
PSU-Antec 370 watt, OS-XP, Motherboard-MSI P35 NEO2, DDR2 PC2-6400(400Mhz),Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180,Nvidia 8800 GTS, Hardrive(sata)-Samsung HD501LH 500GB, PC Case-Antec

!Update!
Change clockings to:
CPU FSB Frequency-300,
CPU Ratio-10,
CPU Frequency @3.00Ghz,
increased the vcore to 1.3500v and the memory volts to 2.00

CPU idles at 28 to 29 degrees, but should improve as i only installed the new cooler yesterday.

But god damn this cooler is good :D
No way would i of been able to do this with the normal Intel stock heat sinc.

I am now running a 3Gz CPU :D
Its funny because i tried these clockings before with my old Intel stock heat sinc
and idle temps were at 60-61, thats way to hot!

Last edited:
!Update!
Clockings now at
CPU FSB Frequency-300,
CPU Ratio-10,
CPU Frequency @3.00Ghz,
increased the vcore to 1.4000v and the memory volts to 2.00
NB-1.4
SB-1.2
CPU idles at 29 degrees, 28 to 29 degrees if windows is only using visual styles on windows and buttons.

100% stable when i did a small FFT's test using prime 95, cooling down was very quick :D

!Update!
Just did a blend test with prime 95 and once again it was 100%! stable! :D
And again cooling was very quick! :D
Is there anything better then prime 95?
Thanks in advance :)

!Update!
I know this is a really old thread but I managed to overclock the cpu from 2.0Ghz to a stable 3.80Ghz after a lot of hours fiddling about ages ago and idle temps were between 25-28 degrees and I still haven't had the time to overclock my current cpu but, I will be doing this very very soon.:)
I will keep you guys posted in the other thread on my E6850 cpu.

Back