• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE 5770

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overtaker

Hi I recently bought GIGABYTE 5770 (GV-R577UD-1GD) from local shop, after plugging it in it all starts and run fine, but EVEREST couldn't detect its temperature

I emailed GIGABYTE technical supports, and they come back with this:

"Thank you for your kindly mail and enquiry. According to the hardware design, this VGA card does not support temperature detection feature.

If you have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY"

However, if I open up CATALYST Overdrive, it actually shows that my GPU is running around 39C

Now I'm totally confused, can someone help me shed some light here?

Thanks

I would think that would be more of something to ask the developers of everest about. If CCC detects it just fine, then I wouldn't worry about the card. You also might be using an old version, or you might need a BIOS update.

Look at it from their point of view; you're saying you can read the temps with CCC, but not in a 3rd party program that has nothing to do with them.

its more like, i installed it and then try to read the temperature using everest and it failed, and rivatuner wouldn't let me do low level hardware monitoring module either

so i emailed them about it

then the next day i tried CCC and apparently CCC could display the temperature

then the day afterwards, gigabyte comes back to me saying "According to the hardware design, this VGA card does not support temperature detection feature."

so I'm truly confused about which one is right now, because if what gigabyte support statement is right, i might want to refund and get an ASUS version instead

wish i can :/
i can only swap to same model or other model, the shop doesn't sell sapphire, only HiS, PowerColor, ASUS, GIGA

Back