• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell u2410 refresh issue ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DSM4Life

Sometimes when i am watching a movie and or playing my video game i can see this like refresh line on the monitor. Ill try to explain, the line moves from the bottom to the top and the pixels seem like they are off a little as the line moves up then gone. It will do this every once and a while but only when playing a movie or a game. Normal surfing and such is fine.

Do i sound crazy yet ?

What you are seeing is called "tearing", you want to enable VSync. It is in your program or nVidia Control Panel.

I read an article that said to try and higher my graphic settings in my game to help reduce how fast the video card pumps out frames, true ?

I read an article that said to try and higher my graphic settings in my game to help reduce how fast the video card pumps out frames, true ?

That wouldn't help with the issue while watching movies, though.

Next time you see the line creeping up, take a screenshot and see if it shows up there. If so, it's not the monitor. If not, I dunno :beer:

I just read that the Vsync feature isn't working in the BFBC Beta. I'll have to wait for the final release to try it. Thanks again guys.

No problem, glad to hear you nailed down what the issue was. :thup:

Back