• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a Sub $200 Box?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't forget you'd need a power supply as well. The one that comes with that case should not be trusted for anything, ever.

I agree standard included supplies shouldn't be trusted, but this is a below $200 setup and at most will draw 80 watts.

Don't forget a dvd drive. I, myself would buy a cheap earthwatts http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...1033&cm_re=earth_watts-_-17-371-033-_-Product which makes it more like $270 (the psu+dvd drive+combo stuff) That be a nice little box to watch nbc.com or hulu,veoh, or joost on a tv. Does the intel x4500 allow playback of HD movies?

Intel integrated graphics should be trusted less than a cheap PSU, but all you'd have to do is pick up some 40$ low end graphics card. No big deal.

Intel integrated graphics should be trusted less than a cheap PSU, but all you'd have to do is pick up some 40$ low end graphics card. No big deal.

That Id disagree with, intel graphics have powered laptops for a long time and I THINK they (the 4500 series) do HD video, but not sure. Yes they suck balls when gaming. But, integrated graphics have come a long way. This would be a second system anyway for me (actually a fourth if u count my two laptops). core i7 machine with a 5870 is my primary. Might just pass on this and get an x-arcade tankstick.

It's a G41 which is a X4500 not a G45 which is a X4500HD. I'm too lazy to look up the exact differences right now but I believe the only difference for video playback when using a decently fast CPU like a 2.5GHz Penryn-based Celeron will be CPU usage. A discrete card might add advanced video decide features. If one were looking to go for advanced video playback there might be better OEM box options ~$350 after factoring in the OS and other minor add-ons.

I thought for $185 after shipping and rebates this would be good for any average user. Yes their are alternative options that would be better for certain scenarios but this is still a good deal.

Back