• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

OC runs for 40 mins then I get the BSOD. Any ideas what cause is?
New759-4210.jpg

Attachments

• img1999.jpg
    img1999.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 73
Up the Vcore till its stable. It shouldn't take more than one or two increases.

If that doesn't help then loosen the RAM timings a little.

OC runs for 40 mins then I get the BSOD. Any ideas what cause is?
New759-4210.jpg

That BSOD probably means a core got too hot. I got a "1E" before, because my Barton temp got too high.

Looks like core #1 has too high of a temp. That BSOD probably means your cooling isn't sufficient.

Your temps ain't the problem.

My Temps while Prime95.

I've seen these chips in the 90's and still Priming.

What cooling you running?

A Noctua NH-U12P Push-Pull. Do not have a 1366 mount for my TRUE.:bang head I do not think it is heat related either. Otherwise would have same problem at 4.1 temps hit 80c there also.

A Noctua NH-U12P Push-Pull. Do not have a 1366 mount for my TRUE.:bang head I do not think it is heat related either. Otherwise would have same problem at 4.1 temps hit 80c there also.

The Noctua NH-U12P in Push-Pull should be good. Have you tried a little more Vcore and loose RAM timings?

Also whats your ambient temps?

The Noctua NH-U12P in Push-Pull should be good. Have you tried a little more Vcore and loose RAM timings?

Also whats your ambient temps?

Ambient is 16.5c nice cool day in South Florida. I decided to go back to 4.1 and run for a hour just to verify that one is stable. Then will set ram to auto and try 4.2 again. If BSOD will increase Vcore a notch.:thup:

Ok it is running prime at 46 mins after Vcore increase. Will wait at least a hour or more to see what happens.:) If needed will increase VTT to 1.3.

I'd rather back down on v-core to save temps and increase vtt. I have run a lot of these i7's with v-core lower than Vtt, remember what vtt feeds !

I'd rather back down on v-core to save temps and increase vtt. I have run a lot of these i7's with v-core lower than Vtt, remember what vtt feeds !

Yes I am going to raise it to 1.3 Just waiting to see what the vcore increase accomplished. Plan on trying 4.3 and beyond! So if vcore is at 1.30 VTT should be what 1.35? Or when I go to try 4.3 I should just increase vtt first? And at 1 hour prime.

raise vtt and the switch to 4.3 and see how stable that is, my guess would be 1.32 v-core and 1.35 vtt. The 920's get funky after 4.2, some take a huge voltage jump, YMMV

raise vtt and the switch to 4.3 and see how stable that is, my guess would be 1.32 v-core and 1.35 vtt. The 920's get funky after 4.2, some take a huge voltage jump, YMMV

Will do. Thanks.

Ok it ran 1 1/2 hours no BSOD but got a Win Desktop Manager error said it had stopped working. Have restarted and set vtt to 1.3. Ran prime small fft and it BSOD after just 10 mins.

Back