• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tricky startup problem [XP X64]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JackNSally

Well, I am trying to get this batch file to start when windows starts. I have put a shortcut to it in my "startup" folder in the start menu. I have created the batch file, the contents of which are:
Code:
start cmdow.exe /RUN /HID fah.exe -smp -verbosity 9 -forceasm -advmethods

I have the batch file and cmdow.exe in the same folder I have installed the smp client (C:\FAH\SMP)
Now, every time I start up my computer and login it doesn't startup, but, if I click the shortcut manually that is in the startup folder it works perfectly fine. Anyone have a clue why it's not working? Or have an alternative method to get the line to start fah via cmdow? Please, help! It's frustrating....:bang head

And I am running xp x64. I'm just trying to get this to auto start without resorting to running as a service (have issues with it trashing work units).

Set up a scheduled task to run the batch file at log on, and make sure to check "Run with highest privileges" under the 'General' tab.

Try placing the actual file in the correct
Start Menu\Programs\Startup
directory

Figured it out. I had to write out the whole directory structure in the batch file..
Code:
 start C:\FAH\SMP\cmdow.exe /RUN /HID fah.exe -smp 2 -verbosity 9 -forceasm -advmethods
instead of
Code:
start cmdow.exe /RUN /HID fah.exe -smp 2 -verbosity 9 -forceasm -advmethods
Thanks for your efforts.:beer:

Oh yeah. Couldn't see your code, sorry (my fault for having large bars) :D

Attachments

• LargeBars.jpg
    LargeBars.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 99
Back