• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No video on core i3 system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noahmichvfs

Registered
Hi,
I just finished building a system with an MSI H55M-P31, a core i3 530, OCZ DDR3 1066, Saphire Readeon 5670, seagate barracuda, 700W Ultra PSU and samsung 22X burner. Everything is assembled correctly, but I get no video signal and no POST sounds. I have unplugged the graphics card and tried it in another system and it works fine, I've also tried plugging the monitor into the integrated VGA graphics as well as the discreet card. The system is getting ample power, as I have tried the PSU in a much more powerful system and it was fine. Both 4pin and 24pin powers are plugged in. I was able to get the board to post once by plugging the VGA cable into the integrate graphics after I started the system, but I can not replicate this.
Any help would be enormously appreciated!
Thanks

since your using an h55 board w/ an i3 your gonna have to remove the 5670, boot up w/ the integrated, uninstall the integrated, shut down, put the 5670 in then restart.

since your using an h55 board w/ an i3 your gonna have to remove the 5670, boot up w/ the integrated, uninstall the integrated, shut down, put the 5670 in then restart.

Thanks for the reply, but I've already tried that. I was able to get into the bios once using the integrated graphics, but the machine started a restart loop with no video!?

I suggest you pull the board and set it up on a bench. Assuming you can get it to POST reinstall it in the case. Sometimes there can be a short that can cause the system to not run. Also test RAM 1 stick at a time.

Z

I suggest you pull the board and set it up on a bench. Assuming you can get it to POST reinstall it in the case. Sometimes there can be a short that can cause the system to not run. Also test RAM 1 stick at a time.

Z

I aslo tried that every ram config possible (no RAM ,one slot, etc.) and no such luck. I decided to file an RMA from newegg for both the CPU and motherboard, as I can not be sure wich is the problem.
Thanks for the reply though!

Back