• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water temps in your system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Freddiz

Registered
So!
Lets see what your temps are in the water.
I want to see how efficient your rads are with x no of blocks.
Here are mine!

Water in idle: 28c
Water in load: 32c
Ambient: 23c

Rads
1x140mm
1x120mm
3x120mm
Blocks
Heatkiller 3.0 (i7 [email protected] 67c on Load
EK GPU blocks in 3-way SLI GTX260 41c on load
EK NB block for rampage II extreme.

How are your temps ?

there is all my info as far as temps go for some thermal paste testing.

TempChart.jpg

specs of water cooling and pc are in my sig.

wow, people really don't know how to read threads these days... i mean i've missed things here and there but really?

i guess i should note that as well, i don't normally have water temps, but i did for that thermal paste testing.

How about what are your before and after temps?

Its what im more interested in anyway while i plan my setup.

120MM X2 swiftech rad
custom block

32 C idle
48 C load @ 3.4 ghz ( 400 mhz OC )

EDIT: Have been folding non stop for the last 14 days on both CPU and GPU and the highest my temps have gotten is 41C.

I thought that it would be fun to see the diffrence between idle and load temps in the water, in that way it can be one way to see how many rads you are going to need to diffrent kinds of setup with xx amount of blocks.

The problem is what is used to measure temps. Only good (expensive) tools should be used in with repeatable scientific methods for any comparison. The things most PC hobby people buy to measure temps are very inaccurate and how they are mounted to measure temps varies in every imaginable way. The fans used and case layout matters a lot too. So the temps will vary wildly.

It's actually a good question, but one with few good answers. What matters is the final temps on the parts you cool. Measuring anything else is just for your own benefit.

You can get some scientific answers here.

http://martin.skinneelabs.com/
http://www.skinneelabs.com/

As Conum told, probe and tool used can be somewhat inaccurate but it gives a good idea. I test my Zalman ZM-MFC2 and it seem to be no more than ~.5°c far from the real value.

My loop stabilyze after 3-4 LinX run as this :
( after 8hrs its the same temp )
Water In : 29
Water Out : 28
Air In : 25
Air Out : 26

25minLinX_Pull_shroud.jpg

The problem is what is used to measure temps. Only good (expensive) tools should be used in with repeatable scientific methods for any comparison. The things most PC hobby people buy to measure temps are very inaccurate and how they are mounted to measure temps varies in every imaginable way. The fans used and case layout matters a lot too. So the temps will vary wildly.

It's actually a good question, but one with few good answers. What matters is the final temps on the parts you cool. Measuring anything else is just for your own benefit.

You can get some scientific answers here.

http://martin.skinneelabs.com/
http://www.skinneelabs.com/

I know that it takes some good equipment to compare temps. But to see the diffrence between idle and load should be the most accurat way to find out if the efficency is good enoughf. If you use high speed fans or low rpm fans is not what i am looking for. I guess that peapole have there way to make here system most efficient for there needs. Maby my question was a little weard but i did not see any other "stupied" questions like this so, why not!
I am measure my system with a cheap in hose temp display, but I have calibrated if and it acctualy show me close enoughf results.

Fredrik

The point we are trying to make, is that the water is used to cool our hardware. If our hardware is running nice and cool, say your GPU is running less than 50C loaded, then the water temp doesn't matter.

Back