• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My build project !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

My HAF build project !

Well after reading many post and looking over many cases I bought a HAF 932, many of you have this case already and your reviews and thoughts talked me into getting this case. Here is my build project as we progress.

Case arrived last week and first thing I did was striped her down so I could paint the inside.

Here are some pic's of the results so far. Before and After, I know I need to touch up some a bit as my tape job left a few places I missed but over all I'm very pleased with it.

Now I got to wait for the UPS and Fed Ex delivery next week so I can put her together, ordered a fan controller, new res and compression fittings. They need to arrive before I start the case swap.

Ive thought about maybe putting a clear coat on it as its seems to scratch very easy, I already got several places I need to touch up.

Attachments

• HAF's arrival 023 (Small).JPG
    HAF's arrival 023 (Small).JPG
    52 KB · Views: 1,155
  • case 001 (Small).JPG
    case 001 (Small).JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,148
  • case 002 (Small).JPG
    case 002 (Small).JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,162
  • case 003 (Small).JPG
    case 003 (Small).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,148
  • case 004 (Small).JPG
    case 004 (Small).JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,148
Last edited:
no not really adding a EK 250 Tube Res and switching from regular fittings to compression fittings for looks..... also going from 1/2ID too 3/8ID so its a bit more workable. Then just some major wire management so I can show her off now and then.

so I'm adding some new stuff but no real mods like past cases as this one needs no cutting to make a good water system.

+1 to the clear coat, I didn't use it for a long time because I though it wouldn't make a big difference. I was so wrong, I finally used it on a paint job, and it came out a lot better. Looks cool! I guess the 932 is overtaking the 1200 in popularity? It seems like there's a lot more of them now.

man got the clear coat on today and I must admit I thought it looked good before but now its awesome, I put on a second coat so i got to wait for it to dry but ill get some pics up soon, I love it and I'm very glad I took the time to paint/clear coat it.

Yeah that paint job really brings the best out of that case :p And good idea with the clear coat, can't wait to see what it looks like now.

ok got her all painted and thought Id show off a few pics of the final pain job.... Im starting to put her back together!

The clear coat ran in a few places and im not very happy about that but I guess they aren't very noticeable.

Attachments

• PC build 2010 026 (Medium).JPG
    PC build 2010 026 (Medium).JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,039
I added some switches so I can turn off the case LED's that im going to install, saw this mod on you tube and I love it.

Last pic is of the new stuff starting to arrive! Almost got it all to make the switch!

Attachments

• PC build 2010 030 (Medium).JPG
    PC build 2010 030 (Medium).JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,033
  • PC build 2010 045 (Medium).JPG
    PC build 2010 045 (Medium).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,024
  • PC build 2010 052 (Medium).JPG
    PC build 2010 052 (Medium).JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,030
  • PC build 2010 067 (Medium).JPG
    PC build 2010 067 (Medium).JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,022
Ok Yesterday switched out the Power and HD LED's and put in Red ones.... don't got any pics as I forgot to take some when I was testing them. Wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be.

ok got a few new pics, I had a clip for my res break so got a zip tie holding it for now and added in a old bay res and waiting for another fitting before i can start the water testing up & a pic of my ware management side of the case.

Attachments

• pc build Feb 28, 2010 017 (Medium).JPG
    pc build Feb 28, 2010 017 (Medium).JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 939
  • pc build Feb 28, 2010 020 (Medium).JPG
    pc build Feb 28, 2010 020 (Medium).JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 958
Back