• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can it be revived?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Circaflex

Attempting to install my waterblock on my dual pcb gtx295. DUring fan removal not too sure what happened but right near the memory chip there is a black square that says R10 on it. Some how 1/3 of that cracked off, im thinking when i was prying the fan solution off the stress caused it to "snap" and chip off. Im not too sure what they are called but it says R10. Is this fixable? And if so are there any expert solders in Socal or anywhere in california? What sucks is i just bought the block for the card, and its somewhat hard to find dual pcb gtx295's for cheap. I am at work now so i cannot snap a picture but maybe what i described is enough info.

Sounds like maybe a power choke or resistor, problem no1 finding the values of dead component.
problem no2 sourcing the components in singles... easy if you want a bag of 500 or so but costs as much as the card.

I would say theres slightly more chance you will get lucky where you are, I couldnt match one for my 280 in the UK

stories ive heard of replacement vary, if you got the values wrong then when it clocks up if fries first go :-/

I feel for ya, and the 295 but its very very erm very hard to get any joy :shrug:

ya the thing that sucks is i got the waterblock from performance pcs, and even though its unopened they want 20% to return it, and its hard to find dual pcb cards for sale. Guess my hunt begins... man i feel sick to my stomach seeing a 500+ dollar card go down due to my stupidity.

Somebody somewhere has to have a dead card they wouldn't mind chopping up for you. Just try to replace it with the same component. Post up every where you can think of until someone offers up something.

Can you post a pic of the damage? The card may still work even with the damage if the coil inside the ceramic block is still intact.

Back