• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need feed back on cooler master

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, for me I'd advise against it man. As you will read there is nothing quite like a decent water loop. I almost went this route when I wanted to WC. My advice bud is to just take the plunge. It's not that hard to water cool as long as you keep it simple :). I mean I have never used it and it gets decent reviews, but I am always wary of some reviewers personally.

Well I haven't used it on an AMD but as far as coolers go, in that price range my humble suggestion would be to go for one of these bud

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7

XIGMATEK HDT

and my personal fav when Air cooling ;)

Enzotech Extreme-X

The Hyper 212 is very close in design to the HDT-S1283, and will perform about the same. A 92mm cooler like the Freezer 7 will be nowhere close in performance to either of those coolers. With todays hot CPU's, I personally wouldn't recommend a top down type cooler. The tower coolers are designed to blow the hot air toward an exhaust fan, which will remove the heat from the case, instead of blowing it toward the mobo.

I use it, works very well, completely satisfied. CoreTemp shows my 620 (Oc'ed to 3.35) at around 38c, Gigabyte Easytune shows at 43c. That's in an old Antec SX1030 case with not great cooling. You can strap on 2 fans on it as well, which I would do. Two Yate Loon Medium's give a good balance of noise/performance. Dropped 3c on full load after adding a second one.

965 black edition with the hyper 212+ running at 4.3 @31c idle and max temp so far from benching 47c

Back