• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a new laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZN

AznSniper
so my wife thought the netbooks was cool and bought ASUS Eee PC 1005PE but dam these things can't do much more then check email.

ok so for the most part all she does on a laptop is play facebook games like farmville, petville and so on. I like to watch youtube HD videos on it but this is to much for the netbook to handle so we are looking for a decent laptop.

the netbook will play farmville but it is like playing a first person shooter at 3 frames per second. the videos are no better, it will play low resolution youtube videos but try and play 720p and up just ain't going to happen. you can forget trying to use it on battery cause the system will just crawl like using the internet on dialup you get very frustrated waiting for it.

if you are a buisness person and need to travel light but don't expect more then just email usage with some internet surfing then a netbook would do the trick. anything more requires a real laptop with a dual core processor IMO.

---------------------------------------------------

ok my questions. what is the difference between a Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile and a Intel Pentium Dual Core?

i've kinda been a intel fan ever since core 2 duo came out but im fine with amd if the price/performance is right but i really don't know much about them to choose.

i like to find a laptop in the $400-500 price range that will not lag playing farmville and streaming HD 720-1080p from youtube.
im not looking for something i can play MW2 i got a real PC and xbox for that, it will need enough ram 2-4gb id imagine and the hard drive space is not important.

any suggestions? i guess what i really need help with the most is what processor the laptop would need to fit my needs, i could probably do the rest from there.

Back