• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking at GPU's again... Who's going DX11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Ah the joys of upgrading, thing is I've been mostly out of the loop on the performance of new GPU's out there. Haven't been following it as relegiously as I have in the past since well my GPU still is one heck of a GPU IMO. Getting to the point that upgrading doesn't really show me any performance boost.... but I want to upgrade.

Its been almost a year to the day since I last upgraded my GPU, and im 6 months behind an upgrade! Figured this time I'd be waiting til all the players hit the field to hopefully get a more all around feel for everything coming out.

For me reason to upgrade.... DX11 and really thats the big one. Second its a new toy to play with.

Are any of you in a similar position as I on holding out for at least benchmarks of nVidia GPU's and hoping maybe a price drop on ATI cards to fuel competition?

Waiting to see the Nvidia GPU's, yup. I have a bunch of stuff to sell coming up soon (hen it arrives) that will help sponser that upgrade..

Ah the joys of upgrading, thing is I've been mostly out of the loop on the performance of new GPU's out there. Haven't been following it as relegiously as I have in the past since well my GPU still is one heck of a GPU IMO. Getting to the point that upgrading doesn't really show me any performance boost.... but I want to upgrade.

Its been almost a year to the day since I last upgraded my GPU, and im 6 months behind an upgrade! Figured this time I'd be waiting til all the players hit the field to hopefully get a more all around feel for everything coming out.

For me reason to upgrade.... DX11 and really thats the big one. Second its a new toy to play with.

Are any of you in a similar position as I on holding out for at least benchmarks of nVidia GPU's and hoping maybe a price drop on ATI cards to fuel competition?

yea im due for an upgrade myself i just built myself a new i7 rig,but as i was switching over to intel from using amd's for so long i had enough homework to do without worry about what graphic card to get,but the system is done so now its time to upgrade my three 9800gtx's lol.what you think i should look at for cards as you can tell i haven't bought a new card in over a year or so and had no clue there was DX11 already lol seems like we just got DX10!

intel 920 [email protected]
6 gigs corsair dominator ddr3 1600
ASUS P6X58D Premium w/ sata3 and usb 3.0
OCZ vertex turbo 60gig SSD
corsair tx750 psu
nvidia 9800+ x3 sli
windows 7 x64

Back