• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

complete guide to overclocking ecs motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gregmacknass

I struggled with a way to overclock my cheapo ecs motherboard. It was one of the sale items at fryes with mobo and processor for $80 or so. Model ecs gf7100pvt-m3 and E2200. I looked in the bios when I first bought it and found that you can change the FSB speed, and had great success with 1066mhz, which gave me 2.933ghz. Not bad but I knew she had more in her. I tried running GTA4 on it recently and found the on board video to be lacking to say the least. So I found Ntune and installed it, only to realize that it had mobo controls as well:rock:. Hello overclocking fine tuning. I am able to bump the FSB up to 1125mhz 3.095ghz memory bus 844mhz, and it runs perfectly stably (did a 48 hour stab test) with temps no more than 45C air cooled. I have a feeling that all ecs mobos are going to be able to be overclocked in this fashion. I hope this helps someone out.
-Greg

Back