• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just having some fun

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cadman420

Anyone here over clock a Pentium D? I have one, 3.0ghz. Well anyways I have a fun project coming up. I am going to take one of my custom blocks and hook it directly to a water line, and then to the sink. No circulation thru the system just a constant flow of cold water. Then I am going to over clock my Pentium D until I can't go any further. I just want to see how far I can go. This is all for fun, on one of my custom blocks, or maybe a couple of them if the first one over clock's well. I will have some pics for this thread soon. screen shots etc.

no pentium D, but i did just recently find a old dell computer that had a Pentium 4 520 2.8GHz in it and a nice blower that i would guess is pushing 150 cfm.

i've only been able to get it up to 4.2GHz @ 1.67v. at 4ghz 1.6v it was at about 38C load (p95 small fft)

i have tried using that tap water cooling once for my q6600, was able to get to 4.2GHz.

i have lots of time off, maybe i will try this p4 under tap water :)

I have read some reviews from several forums stating that they have reached 4.2 ghz on there pentium D so I would thought this would be a good one to play with. I am hoping to have a good OC, this should be fun. I will crank this thing.

I have a p4 that is around 3.9ghz stock... I always wanted to try this and bring it up to like 4.5 but it generates insane heat more then some higher end cpus.

Why don't you just run a normal loop and then stick the radiator in ice water, or use a bucket of ice water to pump through the system? Won't waste any water and would be as cold as you like. Possibly easier too.

Why don't you just run a normal loop and then stick the radiator in ice water, or use a bucket of ice water to pump through the system? Won't waste any water and would be as cold as you like. Possibly easier too.

what could be easier then a hose in and a hose out, don't even need to hook up a pump for this. plus this is winter time in michigan, the water coming into my house right now is like ice water. LOL

I have run a pentium D stock before and they do generate a ton of heat, I hope that my block can keep up. On the flip side of this, good test to see just how well it really works.

don't think I will hit 9 ghz. I am hoping for 4.0 to 4.3 ghz, but wouldn't 9 be nice, I would have a hose hooked to all my computers. LOL

IMG00182.jpg

came across this at work. It is a coil made from 1/2" coppper tubing, roughly 12" diameter and about 18" tall. Now my first idea was for this project here. I was going to run the hose into this coil before the CPU. The coil would be in a 5 Gallon bucket of ice. :clap::D

I'd still vote for the ice water feed idea... but I guess if you don't want to use a pump then your idea is the only way lol. A non tap water setup would be: easier, probably less corrosive, possibly colder. Go for it though... pics too! :)

place the coil in a sump with overflow then stick a hose from the tap into the sump... dont forget to run to drain :D

then you can give it some.

(conclusion I came to with the run to waste tap plan a year back)

Project could be alittle on the messy side without the drain, LOL. But then again, it still might be.

I suspect messyer if you plumb directly to the tap, sure the pressure varies... I once came back to a place I lived and my fish ro-unit had sprung a leak and filled the whole house up by about half an inch #Laughs#

wicked stuff water mains pressure, soon fills your housr up :)

Edit: that was crazy fringe science, beware the crazy scientist in you :D

I already thought of that. I am conducting this one in my basement where there is a 4" floor drain, LOL. can't wait. Just deciding now on what block I should use to do this. I have like 3 laying around.

Don't have a meter. Just a straight rate for the year. Makes it nice in the summer too when I have to water my lawn. LOL.

Back