• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screen resolution to high.. need help resetting it...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheQuadFather

:confused: my computer is tempoarily using this older monitor ( big box style ) and it somhow have convinced my computer that standard screen resolution is h: 89.9 k V:57.7 k, no matter how many different monitors we plug into the rig they all say that the computer is telling them this screen size is the one it wants to use... :confused: how can i change this back without the use of a monitor, i can access bios but i cant find anything there... many thanks in advance

Adjusting the resolution in windows or nVidia / ATi control panel does nothing or is unchangeable? Have you tried lowering the monitor refresh rate? Factory default reset using the monitor controls? Booted in safe mode to rule out graphics driver issue?

Try pressing F8 at startup and select "safe mode" or "VGA mode" to change then the resolution (vga mode) or cancel the action that led to this result.
If necessary, you may need to remove the program involved and then install it again

Last edited:
Back