• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 920 OC temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

agentbad

I Just built this new rig and was wondering if 62C is acceptable at max load? I used Prime95 to reach that temp and it's overclocked to 4ghz @1.3v. I could probably back off the voltage and still achieve the same oc. My cooling is an H50 with just one fan for now.

Those are quite good temps. What program(s) are you using for temperature monitoring?

^^ Overkill, but it doesnt hurt.....(Linx). You arent going to hit P95 temps in anything but folding. Linx will get around 10C hotter for some reason.

Realtemp or Coretemp seem to be the most accurate programs.

I Just built this new rig and was wondering if 62C is acceptable at max load? I used Prime95 to reach that temp and it's overclocked to 4ghz @1.3v. I could probably back off the voltage and still achieve the same oc. My cooling is an H50 with just one fan for now.

Ambients? Room temps?

How long did you run it?

Measuring proggy? Core temps? Each core?

Those are quite good temps. What program(s) are you using for temperature monitoring?

I use PC Probe 2 which came with my mobo software. I am sure I can push the chip farther but I am pretty happy with 4ghz.

Be careful with the ASUS PC Probe. I have the exact same mb as you (assembled my system friday: made a post here http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=635313). The ASUS software only takes data from the motherboard's thermometer, not from the cpu itself. I got 66C max at 4.0Ghz on air, but coretemp recorded mid 70's, so be sure to base your readings of cpu core temps.

Back