• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time Newegg ever made me unhappy.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrandonB

I've had little tiny issues with them in the past, but nothing to get all excited about.

Wed. I had a drive die in another one of my machines. One someone else uses.. so it had to be back up and running asap. I got home from work and rushed in got one ordered at what I needed before closing time. UPS Overnight shipping.. even wasted the 2.99 rush...

Shipped at 10am the next morning. Not thrilled about that since it was "rushed" afterall.. but I can deal since it was later in the day when I ordered.

Shipped from Memphis, TN.. which is rare.. I hardly ever order anything that ships from that warehouse(since it's the closest one.. I'm in MS). So the standard 3 day shipping would have gotten here the same day. My funny luck.. If I'd chosen the 3 day shipping.. I will guarantee it'd ship out of california.

Here is where I get irked.. They shipped it FedEx. I paid for UPS for a reason. Our FedEx driver is .. well.. I'll be nice... not a good one. If you're going to randomize your shipping.. don't label the carriers. I ordered some things from amazon AFTER I ordered the drive.. shipped from Kentucky on standard shipping. Got here BEFORE the drive did. Thanks UPS. :)

Overnight shipping.. Fail.
Rush order .. Fail.
FedEx when ordered UPS.. Double Fail.

*sigh*

Guess I'll still buy from them because ZZF has all but died.. *cries*

Sounds like Newegg def dropped the ball on this one, but if you give them a phone call I have no doubt that they will do everything they can to make it right.

I have been dissapointed with thier prices for quite some time, on most things. on many they are full retail.

Does my expedited shipping option (Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, etc.) ensure my order will be shipped out the same day it is placed?
Unfortunately it does not. All orders are processed and shipped within our 1-2 business day processing timeframe, regardless of the shipping option selected. Although we do our best to ship out all orders the same day they are placed, and we manage it over 99% of the time, we can never guarantee same day shipping on any order. Processing time is not included in your shipping option, so an order shipped using next day air will arrive in one business day from the day it is shipped.

To help ensure an urgent order is delivered to you as quickly as possible, Newegg.com offers a Rush Processing option for orders placed before 12PM PST. This option costs a small additional fee, and Newegg will put forth its best efforts to ensure your package leaves our warehouse that day. However we can never guarantee same day shipping on any order. If we fail to ship your order on the same day it was placed, the rush processing fee will be refunded. If, however, you are close enough to our California, Tennessee or New Jersey warehouses, you can get Local Express Delivery for certain items. Check your item's shipping options during check out for details.

What time did you order?

...Shipped at 10am the next morning. Not thrilled about that since it was "rushed" afterall.. but I can deal since it was later in the day when I ordered.

Here is where I get irked.. They shipped it FedEx. I paid for UPS for a reason. ...If you're going to randomize your shipping.. don't label the carriers...

BrandonB,

Thank you for posting and making us aware of your issue. It is true that our Rush Processing states that we will do our best to ship the order the same day when placed prior to Noon PST and we also state that we will refund the fee if not shipped the same day (http://www.newegg.com/Info/FAQAboutShopping.aspx?FAQType=2 ). As for the carrier, we don’t randomize shipping and the carrier paid for will be the carrier used.

With these things being said, it sounds like your due a refund and an explanation as to why the carrier used was in fact not the carrier paid for. I would like to obtain your information so this can be investigated internally and you refunded appropriately. Please contact Joshua at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or [email protected] at your earliest convenience.

Thank You,
Newegg.com

BrandonB,

Thank you for posting and making us aware of your issue. It is true that our Rush Processing states that we will do our best to ship the order the same day when placed prior to Noon PST and we also state that we will refund the fee if not shipped the same day (http://www.newegg.com/Info/FAQAboutShopping.aspx?FAQType=2 ). As for the carrier, we don’t randomize shipping and the carrier paid for will be the carrier used.

With these things being said, it sounds like your due a refund and an explanation as to why the carrier used was in fact not the carrier paid for. I would like to obtain your information so this can be investigated internally and you refunded appropriately. Please contact Joshua at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or [email protected] at your earliest convenience.

Thank You,
Newegg.com
Just FYI to members, this Newegg Support is an account registered with an @newegg.com address.

I've never had an issue with same day shipping on orders ranging from a few bucks to thousands of dollars if I have my order submitted prior to 2pm CST (noon PST) without even checking the rush delivery.

As for warehouse it comes from thats up in the air. It depends if its in stock at certain ones, thats all its not there fault they don't have any in stock at that time at one warehouse compared to another. Its just luck of the draw really on our end unless you call them and make sure its at a certain warehouse.

As for shipping.. now that is a glitch hehe. You do have your recipt that says Overnight UPS right? I live in Wisconsin and I've had stuff shipped for the standard 3-Day, and get here the next day (morning in a few cases) or 2 days. Both with UPS or FedEx. Don't think I've had a "later" delivery date actually happen to me.

Hope you get this all resolved.

Not gonna lie that newegg support looks fishy... joined TODAY... i know there is another newegg support person thats been here MUCH longer.

Hope it all gets sorted out OP... thats definitely messed up big time.

Not gonna lie that newegg support looks fishy... joined TODAY... i know there is another newegg support person thats been here MUCH longer.

Hope it all gets sorted out OP... thats definitely messed up big time.
I actually would not be surprised in the least to find this account to be 100% legit. @newegg email, Newegg phone number, and an @Newegg email in their account--verified.

Vendors register one-time use accounts pretty frequently, frustrating as it may be.

I would be interested in trying to break down this whole rush processing thing, which I have bit on, once...

As I said in another thread about RP, the tour at Newegg's facility in California a few years back showed the different colored bins used for RP, so it isnt a scam as the OP of that thread was alluding to. But it seems that it might only be worth anything, if they shipped out multiple times a day, which it doesn't appear they do.

Back