• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SMP Windows Client Giving Warnings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ProStudent4Life

Hey gang,

I have been reading some questionable messages on my SMP log lately. I thought I would post them here to find out if I have anything I need to worry about or fix. I have seen the following:

Failed to delete work/wudata-07.sas

Failed to delete work/wudata-07.goe

Warning: Could not delete all work unit files (7); Core returned invalid code

K/wudata - File Warning! CHeck for stray files - starting from initial work packet

Thanks!

I see those same errors in my logs sometimes. It will continue to fold along. You can try restarting the client, since that will sometimes get rid of them, or close the client (using CTRL+C) and manually delete them, if you know what you are looking at.

Sounds good, I will restart the client. I see you are one of the "Folding Mentors," I wonder if I can get your opinion on which client will yield the greatest PPD? Does a VMware solution generate a substantially greater number of points?

Thanks again, this place is great!

Sounds good, I will restart the client. I see you are one of the "Folding Mentors," I wonder if I can get your opinion on which client will yield the greatest PPD? Does a VMware solution generate a substantially greater number of points?

Thanks again, this place is great!

These days, you can run the SMP2 client and get the same PPD as a Linux VM. This client is run straight from Windows, and uses a threaded approach to the use of the CPU, which means eventually (when all of the a1 WU's are completed), we will be able to do away with the MPI that we have gotten so used to, and may even be able to set up service installs, which allows the client to run in the background, at startup.

All you need for SMP2 is a passkey, and the 6.29 drop in binary. If you have already folded 10 a2 (Linux only) WU's under the passkey, you will immediately start getting the bonus points. If not, you will have to fold 10 of the a2 or a3 WU's under the passkey before you will start seeing bonus points.

Thanks a bunch. I am already running 6.29 under a passkey, thanks for the information

Glad I could help.:thup::burn:

I also wanted to mention, if you happen to have an i7 with HT on, you could run in a Linux VM with the -bigadv flag for the really big bonuses. I just based the information I gave you on the hardware in your sig.

Back