• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 24/7 OC.....drool :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

melnd

4.510ghz 1.34vcore.....two hours prime small fft's, 20 linx passes....stable. 3938b020

45stable135.png

Thats a beautiful chip there. Very nice. Did you post over at XS in the 4.5ghz stable club?

You actually need 20+ passes at full ram usage though for it :)

Use large FFT. Small FFT is far less stressful on that chip and as such will pass less stable overclocks.

Its not that bad jgv. I had mine at 4.5ghz stable @ 1.41v (i7 920). You really dont see much over stock clocks (I turn off speedstep btw). If $5-10/month extra is too much on your power bill, maybe its time to get an AMD dual core :)

:welcome: to the forums!

Nice Over clock. While I wish my 860 could do that, I will be happy with what I have.

So far I can only get it to 4.0 Stable. Temps get much hotter on these than on the i5 750, so I will be getting a new case next month and be on the lookout for a TRUE (Pre-lapped).

If I wasn't addicted to folding I would try to push mine higher for 24/7 but I can't because I'm addicted to folding :D

when I get the bench computer finished I'll push it as far as I can go before I start folding on her :D

Congrats... looks like you've got yourself a nice chip!

Have you done much testing of the proc. running with "HT" enabled? I'd be curious see how high the chip will run LinX stable with 8-threads and ~1.35v to 1.375v load?

Congrats... looks like you've got yourself a nice chip!

Have you done much testing of the proc. running with "HT" enabled? I'd be curious see how high the chip will run LinX stable with 8-threads and ~1.35v to 1.375v load?

like 1.352 vcore load, llc enabled, +800 mv amplitude. I run at a "modest" 4.013ghz with a 1.10vcore HT on 24/7 now, because it only hits 63*c max.

Can do 4.4ghz ht on stable, but that's as high as ill go for temps before i get my loop set up this summer.

here's 4.3ghz ht on 2 hours prime
432hoursprime.png

Back