• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'll be back

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sneakysnowman

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't turned in any work since the weekend. Just got back home from visiting my parents and got hit with a rather nasty surprise. I used to just pay a flat fee for electricity, but now the deal got canceled and I have to pay for each kWh. With all PCs folding I'm burning through $1000 a month. So I'm shutting down for now. I'm moving soon anyhow. I'll be back once I figure all this out
arnie.jpg

Anyhow, enough rambling. What do you guys think I should do with my extra hardware? Post on the Classifieds? I've never sold anything through a forum before. I'd need some help with what to post, prices to ask and such.

Great to see ya back, SS
Can you consolidate some to Multi GPU machines to cut back on Numbers of Rigs
And yeah if you need to sell do it here in classies

Yeah I know how that sucks our Prices / kWh just went up here too,

I feel your pain, man. I have felt the pinch of the high electric bill too, which is why I dialed way back on my Seti/Rosetta farming.

As for selling stuff in the Classifieds, I would suggest you add something in the thread title on your location. I have seen several of our UK members add the (UK) preface to their thread titles, to let everyone know where they are selling from. While I guess that shipping to our fellow EU forum members might be pretty reasonable for you, I imagine that shipping to North America, South America or Asia would be pretty expensive.

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't turned in any work since the weekend. Just got back home from visiting my parents and got hit with a rather nasty surprise. I used to just pay a flat fee for electricity, but now the deal got canceled and I have to pay for each kWh. With all PCs folding I'm burning through $1000 a month. So I'm shutting down for now. I'm moving soon anyhow. I'll be back once I figure all this out

Anyhow, enough rambling. What do you guys think I should do with my extra hardware? Post on the Classifieds? I've never sold anything through a forum before. I'd need some help with what to post, prices to ask and such.
Go figure LOL :p

You really gotta have deep pockets and/or a lot of generous friends with great hardware to fold at the top tier for any length of time.

Since you live in the EU, you should be able to sell off your least efficient hardware fairly easily. If you can sell local/in country, perhaps the VAT won't eat up too much of the proceeds.

i7 seems to be the best electrical power / PPD bang for the E buck.

I'm not sure how latest GPU2 cards figure in these days. -bigadv are best run without any GPU2 clients for maximum bonus.

Anyway you sure blew my doors off a while back when you zipped past me.

Good luck Sneaky. I wish I could help with pricing but I hardly ever sell stuff in the Classies.

I should start, it would be a lot cheaper to run 3 I7's.

Man... that's a lot of juice snowman... and here just after I was wondering where you had gone. They may have changed the electricity deals just because of you. :D Not that its a good thing... anyone who can get in on a flat rate can really turn up the heat.

I'm sure you can find buyers for your hw... you generously donated gpus for the winter blaze, so I'm sure you're familiar with the costs associated with shipping to the US.

Fold what you can when you can brother... I'm just glad that you're here with us on Team 32. :)

Back