• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1xmattx1

Right now i have 2 WD 640gb Black's in Raid 0 running Windows 7 Pro.

My question is, if I make an image or complete back up or ghost the Raid Drive. Can I get rid of the raid and go back to normal non raid and reload the ghosted image? or will it conflict since it was installed on raid. When I installed 7 it did not require raid drivers.. so I thought i'd Ask you guys.

Second question,

I need a recommendation for a SSD, I'm currently in the market for one, but theres to many and I just can't decided between them and don't know which is better. I've heard good things about OCZ's drive with the TRIM support and there garbage cleanup tools.

I have a budget of $250.

Question 1 - yes it will work.

Question 2 - TRIM is nice and if you want it to work, you can only use 1 drive(no RAID). If you want to go that route, I say do this for $220.

I personally like the OCZs and use them, but a lot of people swear by the Intel's, just don't get the 40GB X-25v if you want the speed.

When the OCZ Agility 60GB is on sale, it comes out to $130 after MIR, if they do the same sale again.

Question 1 - yes it will work.

Question 2 - TRIM is nice and if you want it to work, you can only use 1 drive(no RAID). If you want to go that route, I say do this for $220.

I personally like the OCZs and use them, but a lot of people swear by the Intel's, just don't get the 40GB X-25v if you want the speed.

When the OCZ Agility 60GB is on sale, it comes out to $130 after MIR, if they do the same sale again.

Is that pretty good drive? I'm not looking to raid them so thats fine.

I heard that the Agility EX(something like that) is really good. But can't find it on the egg.

I don't need a huge drive either. just something bigger the 40Gb. Like a 60gb or 80gb would be great. Just OS and some apps going to be on it.

I second the recommendation for the Intel drive. It has a better controller than the Agility EX.

I run the Agility and I like it, but I got it due to the price so I could run multiple drives in RAID. If I was going for one, I think I would have gone with Intel. OCZs are nice though, link to Agility is HERE. Currently $170 after MIR, but hopefully it will drop to $130 after MIR again soon.

BTW, looks like the Agility EX is the SLC. Don't waste the money yet, go for MLC. Cheaper per GB.

Back